Part 13 (Volume 3)

Kiyotaka POV

Class A was getting by smoothly. We have claimed 16 spots and within a couple of hours while the rest was setting up the base camp. I managed to convince Katsuragi to have Kamuro and I were tag along to hide Yahiko.

"Katsuragi, can I check the situation of other classes? Don't worry, Kamuro and I will just go after we return to the cave." I spoke.

"Why would you need to do such a thing?"

"To check if I could find their leaders or see what they're planning. Also, we can buy something without reserve right?"

Though I'm not actually trying their leaders, I would at least scout out the other classes. But, the only class that matters is Class C.

"What is it? We only have 200 points to use before we start using up our own points."

"It's just a cheap thing."

As I voiced my request, he agreed and we returned to the cave.

"Hashimoto better be prepared with my favor." Kamuro spoke her complaint.

Now I don't know if I should feel sorry for him or not. Kamuro would be the one demanding. Of course, she would at least even out. Dragging her around the island would just add more fuel to the fire.

"We better hurry if we need to come back for roll call. But locating the other classes would be easier since I memorized the spots from the ship."

I could already see which spots are likely to be a base camp for other classes. We were heading our way to the river where we encountered Class D.

It seems they were still setting up their base camp.

"Ayanokouji-kun, good afternoon. Did you come to see how other classes are doing?" Hirata greeted me.

"Yeah. Though I only came to see how other classes would spend their points."

"I see."

I looked around and saw an accomplice to Ryueen who went with him to the base camp.

"Who is that? Is she okay?" I asked pretending not to know.

"She's a student from Class C. She seems to have gotten into an argument with her classmates."

It seems that Hirata deemed this information to be safe to tell since it barely concerns their strategy of getting by with the bare minimum.

"Still, it must be rough to take care of another student in this test huh?"

"I guess, but we are getting by somehow."

I approached the lone student and just gave her a glance. It appears that she had dug on the ground beside her as her fingertips were covered in dirt. I had a vague idea of what it might be though.

There were only two hours left until roll call when we stumbled upon Ryueen's class on the beach. He and his class were nonchalantly enjoying themselves. I looked at him and found a transceiver near him. Looks like my guess was probably right.

"Yo, what are you two lost lovebirds doing here?" He said to us.

"We were finding out your situation if you're just giving your points to us."

"Kukukuku. Can't you see it around you? We don't plan on participating in this exam. We're just gonna enjoy ourselves with your private points. Now get lost."

He has that much confidence huh? Then he would be infuriated when that day comes. We left right after and made it in time for roll call.

Hashimoto POV

Ryueen and his goons have thought this through. They even have a plan to figure out what the other classes' leaders are. Class C might have something to them. It wouldn't be so bad to get on their good side. Saying that there's still the princess and Ayanokouji.

Wait...Where did Ayanokouji and Kamuro go? Though I haven't returned to the base for a while, everyone in Class A was here except for them.

Roll call was approaching. They finally arrived with a few minutes left.

"Oi, where did you two lovebirds go? Don't tell me you did something lewd?"

"As if. Now, I've done my part. You better be ready with my favor." Kamuro remarked scornfully.

"Now, I'm a bit scared."

"You should be. Though I think I'm gonna save it for a better time."

"Where did you go anyway?"

"To the bases of Class D and Class C." Ayanokouji replied.

"Well did you find anything?"

"We found Ryueen's underling with Class D. We can assume that she's spying on them to find their leader."

"What makes you so sure?"

Katsuragi approached and asked. Seriously, this guy sure is annoying.

"It's clear that she is hiding something. Her fingertips were covered in dirt. She buried something underground. While Ryueen has bought a transceiver that no one else on their place."

"I see. We could only hope their plans are executed perfectly. In the meantime, we should rest." Katsuragi left with that.

"Seriously, leaving things to other classes. How idiotic." I murmured.

"Hashimoto, I have a favor to ask you and Kito." Ayanokouji whispered to me.

We moved farther from the campsite where no one would hear us.

"What is it Ayanokouji?"

"I need you to go somewhere during the fifth night of the exam."

"What? Why?"

"It's to make sure Class A doesn't suffer damage. Also the thing about Kito..."

"What about him? Tell him to talk to me about his part. It'd be easier for him to be convinced if you ask him."

"What are you going to ask him to do?"

"Don't speak to anyone about this. I'm going to make him forcefully retire Yahiko."

"What? Why would you even do that? There is no benefit to doing that at all. We'll just lose our claim to spots."

"Do you really think that? In the rules, it states that the leader cannot be changed without proper reasoning. Isn't a retirement of the leader enough of a reason? If Ryueen already knows who our leader is, then all our bonus points will be negated. Katsuragi's plan will end miserably."

He told me the rest of his plan along with Ryueen's supposed plan. This guy is way smarter than I thought. He is also a bit insane. If he's going to help Class A, I think I wouldn't need to worry about the other classes as much.

"I see. No wonder you were put in Class A."

He's a totally different monster from the others for sure. What a terrifying mind. With him and the princess, Class A feels untouchable.