Arc 3: prologue

3rd person POV:

After leaving his role as Faiz when he was tricked into hurting his friend, Toji, fate chuckled and sent an angel to attack.

Breaking into the Geofront, the Angel was met with both Asuka and Rei.

Sadly, it defeated the two, leaving them in a critical state.

With little options left, (Y/n) was once again forced into being Faiz to fight the angel.

Reluctantly... He did it.

Pushing the Angel back into the Geofront after it broke into the Anti-Angel, (Y/n) was doing well for a moment, until the angel overpowered and pinned him to the ground to begin beating on him.

While Faiz was being pummeled he thought to himself.

(Y/n):(mind) Is this it..? Is this how I go?

(Y/n):(grunts)

In the distance: (Y/n)!!

(Y/n):(mind) Misato...?

(Y/n):(mind) I'm sorry... Rei...Asuka...Misato...everyone...

(Y/n):(mind) I really wanted to protect you all...but I couldn't...I'm not strong enough...

(Y/n):(grunts)

Misato: (Y/n)!!

(Y/n):...

As the Angel continued to beat on (Y/n), he couldn't help but think about the condition of everyone he cared about was in.

He hated it, mostly himself for not being able to do anything about it.

That hatred grew into rage, which began building up as the Angel got closer and to reaching the Faiz core.

(Y/n):(mind) No...No!

(Y/n):(mind) I found myself a family...I can't... I WON'T LOSE THEM!!! NOT LIKE THIS! NOT BECAUSE OF YOU!!

Suddenly grabbing the Angel's arms, he pulled it closer to himself before kicking it back in a burst of photon energy.

(Y/n): RAAAAAAGGHHHHHH!!!

Angel parts began growing out of the Faiz gear as (Y/n) began to turn.

(Y/n): RAAAAGHHHG!!!

In horror, everyone watched as (Y/n) went on a rampage, whilst quickly becoming an Angel driven by the desire to protect with the only ability being to destroy.