Method (of) madness

3rd person POV:

Gendo began explaining and showing the formulas he made for his plan to save humanity from this dying world.

(Y/n): Th-this... This is insane!

(Y/n): You're saying you want me to create a wormhole to an alternative reality?

Gendo: Precisely.

(Y/n): You've gone mad!

Gendo: I assure you, I'm quite sane.

(Y/n): You're putting all of humanity's hopes on, a theoretical science, that hasn't been proven!

Gendo: No... I'm placing all of humanity's hopes on you.

(Y/n):?!

Gendo: There is only one being who could make it all possible. And that is you.

(Y/n): Isn't there another way...?

Gendo: If there was, everyone would be working on that.

Gendo: There is no bargaining.

Gendo: If you wish to save humanity, then help me retrieve all I need to create the device.

Gendo: If not. Return to Nerv who will imprison you.

(Y/n):....

(Opening theme)

(Y/n) was putting on his new plug suit as Kaworu and Q prepared some kind of cargo ship.

With his new plug suit equipped, (Y/n) wandered to the cargo vessel that was going to take them to their destination. There he met up with Kaworu.

Kaworu: How are you holding up?

(Y/n): As best I can. This all just seems like a wild fever dream...

Kaworu: I can understand your perspective. Your life completely changed after what felt like one nap.

Kaworu: Let me just say, you're doing so well with how everyone is treating you.

(Y/n): Th-thanks.

Feeling like something was tugging on his leg, (Y/n) looked down to see Lilith with a camera.

(Y/n):?

Lilith: Do a pose.

(Y/n): Huh?

Kaworu: She's been reading manga.

(Y/n): Okay... And what does this have to do with posing?

Kaworu: Just go with it. Being a little silly might help you feel better.

Lilith: Please?

(Y/n): Alright, for you.

Taking a deep breath, (Y/n) threw a pose with Kaworu as Lilith took a picture.