Present from a different past

3rd person POV:

Onboard the S.S Last Dream, commander Katsuragi and her crew were currently experiencing something unbelievable.

They were traveling between multiverses, or at least that was the theory.

Outside their windows, they saw all kinds of color and images that were mind-boggling to the point some people questioned whether they were on drugs.

Nevertheless, they followed the sparkling star, shooting far ahead of them.

This star broke through something, and the crew of the S.S Last Dream followed through and entered a beautiful place.

The star went faster than ever before, making them unable to follow, but as they circled a familiar-looking crater, everyone saw what looked like a dream.

Their world, intact and full of life. The sky was blue, trees and forest were green as can be, life flourished.

The sea might have been red but that was nothing when the ship began picking up satellite and radio signals from all over the planet and a city was visible from where they were.

Misato: Is...is this real? Doctor Akagi, status report! Where are we?

Ritsuko: R-right...

She began looking at all the readings she was getting from the vessel.

Ritsuko: We're on earth... I'm getting signals from televisions broadcast and radio stations.

Ritsuko: This is...this is...amazing...

Q:(mumbles) He did it...

(Opening theme)

Onboard a hovercraft that was heading up to the large flying vessel that arrived above the Geo front under strange circumstances was (Y/n).

Beside him was the Auto Vajin 2.0 in its battle mode.

(Auto Vajin 2.0: Battle mode)

(Y/n): Glad you're here bud, but do you have to go straight into battle mode?

(Y/n): Maybe that alien ship is filled with nice aliens?

Auto Vajin:(stares)

(Y/n):.... Right, with my luck we're probably dealing with genocidal tentacle monsters.

(Y/n): But here's hoping there not!

Since they weren't shot down by the ship, that was a good sign, landing onto the vessel was an even better one.