Chapter Fifteen

I wake up sore and exhausted, perfectly spooned against Nikolai with his arm wrapped around me. Why can't it be the weekend? I slowly raise his arm and roll away from him, not wanting to wake him. He shifts a little before wrapping his arm around my warm pillow and settling. Nice to know I can be replaced by a pillow.

After a quick jaunt to the bathroom, I search for my phone. Shit, it's already six. Guess I'll be late to work again. I find my dress and bra and quickly throw them on before picking up my phone to call a cab. As I am dialing, I sense Nikolai's presence behind me. He places his arms around my waist and leans his head against my neck, kissing me on the shoulder.

"No good morning kiss again?" he murmurs. "This is starting to become a habit with you."

Chuckling, he turns me around and kisses my forehead, the tip of my nose, and finally, my lips. I put my arms around his neck and kiss him back.

"I didn't want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful."

He gives me another quick kiss. "Despite what happens in the bedroom," he smirks, "I am a gentleman, Lacey. I picked you up for our date, I'll make sure you get home." He runs his hand through his hair and yawns. "Just let me go put some clothes on."

He starts to turn to walk away but changes his mind and kisses me again. I am trying so hard to not like him more than I already do, but these moments of sweetness are making it really difficult.

He comes back out looking incredibly sexy in a pair of loose grey joggers and a fitted black tee. I check him out with an exaggerated head-to-toe look and an obvious smile of approval. "Do you always look this good in the morning? You're making me want to call in sick for work."

"Keep looking at me like that and you will be calling in sick for work." He walks by me, giving my ass a light smack before picking up his keys, phone and wallet. "You ready to go, temptress?"

"Yes, Nikolai," I flirt back, lowering my voice for effect.

Instantly, Nikolai tosses his accessories to the side and slams me up against the wall. "You're really testing my limits this morning, aren't you?" He leans my head to the side and kisses the crook of my neck.

"Nik, we have to go, I don't want to be late."

"Just give me ten minutes, Lacey," he growls.

There is no point in protesting because I want him just as much as he wants me. His lips hungrily meet mine as his hand slides up my dress, teasing my wet core. I spread my legs to make more room when he suddenly stops and backs away.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he answers, wiping his hand on his pants before grabbing his accessories again. "You tempt me, I tempt you. Now we're even."

"You're a cruel man, Nikolai Jovan," I sneer.

He simply laughs and walks out the door while I follow behind, pouting from denied pleasure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lacey, are you free this weekend?" Nikolai asks, glancing at me before changing lanes.

"I think so," I respond. I was supposed to be going to a Blue Jays' game with Braden but that obviously will not be happening anymore.

"I need to go to Niagara Falls for the weekend on business. I'd love it if you would come with me."

Is he seriously inviting me away on a trip for the weekend? Nothing more unpredictable and spontaneous than that.

"I know it's short notice and I know we've only just met..."