Chapter Fourteen

The entire car ride back, Nikolai playfully teases me with his touch, sexy smirks and knowing glances. My anticipation builds as we drive through the city, the setting of the sun warming the atmosphere with varying hues of reds, pinks, oranges, yellows and purples. This night has been amazing so far and the thought of what is to come has my insides humming with excitement.

I enter his apartment in front of him and immediately feel his lips on the crook of my neck, while his hands run up my torso, stopping to rest on my breasts. "I hope you're ready for your punishment, my not-so-innocent one," he whispers in my ear, causing my body to shudder. "I'll take that as a yes," he smirks and turns me around to kiss my lips.

I reluctantly break our kiss, feeling anxious now that the moment is about to arrive. Nikolai looks at me in wonder as I slowly back away from him.

"Something wrong?"

"Don't I need like a safe word or something?" I ask, raising a finger to my lips.

"What?"

"You know," I continue, "in case things get too rough and I want to stop."

"Then you just say stop." His eyes flash with amusement before he crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow at me in sarcasm. "I'm not an animal. I can control myself, Lacey. I'd never force you to do something you don't want to do."

"Well...," I begin again hesitantly, "when you talked about punishment...I thought..." My voice trails off as his eyes fill with amusement once again.

"You thought what, innocent one?"

My face turns red and I lower my eyes. I do not want to admit that part of me felt an unprecedented thrill thinking about what he might be planning to do to me.

"Answer me, Lacey," he commands, his voice dropping a couple decibels.

"I just thought...that...maybe..."

"That maybe I'd spank you? Or tie you up and run a whip across your back a few times?"

"Yes..."

"And tell me, sweet Lacey, does that thought turn you on? Does it make you wet?"

He is right in my face now, his finger on my chin, raising my face to his as his lips hover dangerously close to mine. He is staring into my eyes as if he is peering into my soul.

I am frozen in place, unable to speak, as my breath catches in my throat and I see his eyes quickly darken with lust.

"Lacey, I asked you a question. Are...you...wet...right...now?" He says painfully slow, lowering his voice with each word.

"Y-y-yes, Nikolai."

He reaches down and trails his finger along my hot core, feeling the wetness and sending my nerve endings into a frenzy. My breath decides to return, becoming rapid as my arousal starts taking over my senses.

Not removing his finger, he simply says, "Hmm, look at that. Yes, you are." He turns his head and places his lips next to my ear and whispers, "Is that something you want? For me to tease you with pain? For me to spank you?

"I...don't...know..."

"Yes or no, Lacey. Yes or no."

"Maybe..." He looks at me sternly, not liking my vague answer. "I mean yes. I think so..."

He takes his hand and gently strokes my cheek, desire penetrating from his eyes. "Turn around."

I promptly do as he says and brace myself against the wall. I feel him pull my hips out towards him so that I am slightly bent over. He exposes my ass by raising my dress and runs his hand across it a few times. Then he places a kiss on one of my cheeks before pressing himself up against me. I brace myself for the inevitable smack with apprehension, fear and excitement.