Chapter Twenty-Five

"Is that so?" Nikolai smirks, eyes roaming my body once again.

I don't say anything, I simply turn around and start walking up the stairs. Hearing him chuckle, I turn around to see him still standing at the bottom, a look of pure amusement on his face as he watches me. "Upstairs, Nik. Now." I demand, throwing my hands on my hips and giving him a stern look of disapproval.

His eyes widen in surprise, before returning to his amused look. "Yes, Lacey," he smirks again, taking the stairs two at a time until catching up with me. "Is this really how you want to play it tonight?" he flirts, the glint in his eye never leaving.

"Absolutely," the seductive smile on my face causing him to absentmindedly stroke his very hard and very prominent arousal. "Now, go and sit on the bed."

Nikolai grins at my show of being in charge and my insides melt. This man is so freakin' gorgeous! He slowly saunters to the bed and sits down, licking his lips and eyeing me in anticipation.

"Do I need a safe word or something?" he jokes, winking at me.

My face reddens, remembering our moment just a few nights ago when I asked the same thing. "Only if you think you can't handle it," I answer, walking to stand in front of him.

He chuckles again and reaches out to touch me, but raises his eyebrow, puzzled, as I take a step back.

"Nuh uh. Tonight is a 'look but don't touch' kind of night," I inform him.

"And what is that, for those of us who don't know?" he laughs, leaning back on his arms and smiling mischievously at me.

"Let's not pretend that you're innocent, Mr. Jovan."

At the mention of his surname, his eyes blaze wild with lust and his gaze falls to my core. "I have no idea what you're talking about Ms. Chalmers," he smirks, bringing his eyes to mine again. "I'm as innocent as they come."

"Sure you are," I reply. "And for the rest of the night, I'd prefer it if you call me something else."

"What did you have in mind? Should I call you Sir and ask you to punish me?" he jokes sarcastically.

"Whatever fits your kink, Nik," I say, smiling and winking at him.

"Hmm," he starts, the wheels spinning in his head, "how about Temptress? Yeah, I think I like that sound of that. What do you have planned for me tonight, Temptress?"

"Don't worry, I'll keep you abreast of my plans as they unfold," I say, twirling the ribbon from my robe between my fingers.

"Can I just say that this is turning me on in the worst way?"

"That's the whole point," I answer. "You always pride yourself on being Mr. Self-Control. Well, let's see how well you can control yourself tonight."

Nikolai stares at me, his gaze unwavering, accepting the challenge I've placed before him. "I never put myself in a position to lose, Lacey, and I'm not about to start now. Bring it on." He leans back on his hands again and watches me, daring me.

I walk to the dresser and grab my phone, turning on a playlist I had saved for a day just like this. As the music starts playing, I take a sip of wine and start swaying to the sounds filling the room. The beat picks up and I let myself go a bit more, moving my hips hard from side to side as I lower myself to the floor and back up again.

A low growl comes from Nikolai's direction, but I force myself not to look, not to give him the satisfaction of seeing my own curiosity at how he's responding to me. The bed squeaks as he, assumedly, readjusts his position.