Chap15: The sacrifice

"Matteo! Cover my back! Reuben! Stick with Conner and cover our left flank! Alison! You choose who needs help most!" Griffin shouts charging forward. I run along side him seeing three 10 meter Titans walking slowly to our position.

"Matteo" Griffin says roughly while keeping a steady breath cycle going.

"What is it sir!" Shout feeling the burn run thru my legs.

"The Titans are behind us too" Griffin says taking a glance back.

I look back seeing Alison taking on two 5 meter Titans by herself.

"Dang it" I say feeling frustration run through my body.

"Matteo, keep your head in place! Or you will die otherwise!" Griffin shouts pulling me out of my frustration.

"Sorry-" I get cut off by Griffin

"Watch it we are in combat!" Griffin shouts firing his hooks into the left Titan's ankle. I take a deep breath jumping into the air and firing my gear into the middle Titan's ankle.

I quickly yank my gear out of the fleshy skin of the titan and fire it again having it hook into the nape of the Titan. So that I have a clean shot for a clean fast kill. I reel my gear in having my waist get pulled forward as I lift my swords ready to strike my target.

"Grahhhh!" I shout feeling my swords slice thru the flesh of the titan with little resistance.

I feel steam twirl around my body as I fly past. I take a look over at Griffin's target to see Griffin gone and a dead steaming Titan.

"Metteo! Your right!" Griffin shouts from below. I look to the right to see a 15 meter Titan that emerged from no ware.

"Woe!" I shout Firing my hooks into the shoulder of the Titan doing my best to dodge the Titan's rain of attacks.

I swoop past the Titan slamming into the ground from my failure to un hook my gear. "I look down seeing Griffin standing completely still looking up at the Titan.

"Griffin get out of there! And your right!" I shout seeing the last 10 meter Titan approaching Griffin.

"Griffin now!" I shout trying my best to un-jam my gear from my mistake. I slam my fist against the Gear a few times hearing the sound of wire getting pulled in.

"Yes!" I cheer looking up ready to fight.

"Stay back Matteo! We got this!" Conner shouts from above. I look up seeing Conner, Reuben and Alison storming towards the Titans.

I watch Conner slip past the 15 meter Titan's head. The Titan looks up being distracted from Griffin to Conner.

"Come at me you fuck!" Conner shouts with a smile placed on his face.

"Shut up!" Reuben shouts slamming his swords into the nape of this Titan.

"Hey! be cool man!" Conner shouts firing his hooks into the 10 meter titan's shoulder. Conner lifts his sword charging in for his attack.

"Grah!" Alison shouts killing the 10 meter titan swiftly.

"Noo! that was mine!" Conner shouts with sorrow displaced in his voice.

"Shut it! We are in Combat! Not training!" Alison shouts landing on the ground next to Griffin. I run up to Griffin looking into his stone cold eyes.

"Thanks...." Griffin says releasing a long held in breath.

"Griffin you ok?" Conner asks looking worried.

"Yes, we need to leave and rejoin the formation." Griffin says looking ahead.

"Why! we are suppose to stay and fight to keep it a formation!" Conner shouts walking up close to Griffin. "Stay calm Conner! We wont live if we don't!" Griffin shouts.

"We need to go now" I say looking at the Titan's approach rapidly.

"We still cant get away! There is Titans in every direction!"Alison shouts glancing around the place.

"Ill take the attention off us."Griffin says looking down at his maneuver gear.

"Your out of gass though!" Conner shouts.

"I know" Griffin says keeping his cool.

"Just let me distract the titans. I know I will die...But....we need you Griffin. To stay alive, for the squad, and myself." I say pulling the release hatch located on top of the gass canisters.

"But-" I cut Griffin off.

"Take my fuel, I wont need it" I say taking deep breaths to stay calm.

"Thank you Matteo" Griffin says saluting. I look at the rest of the squad fallow his lead.

I feel two single tears run down my face.

"Thanks for being my friends" I say as I replace Griffin's gas canisters.

"You fought well Matteo, your sacrifice will not be in vein" Conner says patting my shoulder.

"Good bye....Friends

(Star me and fallow if you enjoy! It helps me know if I'm doing things right or wrong. Thanks for reading!)