Chap 11: Love Birds

I'm sitting on a wooden bench waiting for time to pass. I see the wall of trees and and Long grass reaching for the sky. The sound of footsteps pressing against the ground echoing its from behind me.

I turn my head slightly to the right, just enough for my none blind eye to see. It was Dina walking over calmly, she walks up and takes a seat to the right of me on this bench.

"Soooo....Hows it going?" Dina asks as her feet kicks the dirt around.

"I'm just thinking" I say looking at Dina. I studied her face looking for anything wrong. Her skin looks soft and pale, with only a small scar on her lip, which is placed on the lower right lip. I look up her face arriving at her soft brown eyes but after all that has happend. I'm surprised they still look so kind and comforting.

Though even now, her eyes show that she seen someone killed. Just like every single survey corps member here. Their eyes show it.

I lock my eyes back with hers making her reveal a light blush upon her cheeks. I smile back.

"I never asked...But which district did you come from?" I ask looking into her eyes showing my interest.

"I came from wall Rose Utopia District" Dina answers still looking a bit embarrassed.

"I've never been there is it nice?" I ask looking away from Dina and back at the wall of trees.

"I don't remember much...I had to travel a lot..." Dina says sounding a bit depressed.

"Why did you travel so much?" I ask looking back at Dina.

"My father went on plenty of business trips across the lands within these walls." Dina says while rubbing the back of her head.

"Hmm...I never really left Stohess myself. anyways my older brother past away, years ago. He was killed by my Uncle, who was a drug addict. And a black market material gatherer..... My older brother was part of the survey corps when he died. Just barely joined, but....He was killed right when he returned from his first expedition.He had his gear on, so I watched my uncle stab my brother....Right in front of me...just for his gear" I say keeping my cool.

I look over at Dina, seeing that she is pondering about what I just said.

"Don't worry about it, I am alive now and that is what we should care about." I say setting my right hand On Dina's left shoulder. Dina lifts her left hand taking my right hand into her left hand. We sit, silent enjoying each others warmth while it lasts.

"Hey Alex...can we...be together?" Dina asks looking over at me with her beautiful smile.

"I have no problems with it. Though if...well if ethier of us die. Move on quickly" I say having Rein pop up into my head.

"Don't worry about that! We are not going to die dummy!" Dina shouts at me making me recoil with a small bit of fear. I smile. A smile I show plenty of times. But this one is just for her.