Chap12: The Ending Of Our Friend-The Expedition Begins.

My hands grip leather straps connecting to a horse. My body rests upon a brown horse as we wait for the gates to open. Sweat trickles down my forehead then down to my cheeks as the time slowly passes.

Everyone here is tense with the knowledge of what could happen the second we take our first steps out of these walls.

"Hey Alex! We got this shit!" John shouts. John rest upon his horse to the left of me.

"Thanks, but those words should be told to the girl next to you" I say looking past John to only see Loren who looks tense as ever.

"Your right...Loren you ok? We got this" John says giving her a smile.

"Somethings not right about this...." Loren says rubbing her right arm. I can understand her...I've had the same feeling all day. The ground starts to rumble as the giant stone gates rise up giving us passage. Dirt and dust gets thrown up into the air as the front of the expedition moves forward.

"We will now begin the 57th expedition beyond the walls!" Commander Erwin shouts as the Expedition moves into a full on charge out and away from these walls.

The cold wind blows against my clothes and skin, making my Cloak flap up and down along with the wind.

"10 Meter class Titan!" A women shouted from the front of the expedition, I look up seeing two soldiers jump from the expedition and fire their maneuver gear making their way over the roofs of the houses engaging the Titan.

My eyes travel back ahead seeing Tom who is placed ahead of me with his cloak flapping along with the wind.

"Go Into Long Range scouting formation!" Commander Erwin shouted lifting his arm perfectly horizontal.

I give a nod using the leather straps to steer the horse to the right. I am placed just below the forward recon squad that consists of Griffin's squad. Both Tom and I are riding along our set path checking the sky for any flares.

"Look the birds, they flew away!" Tom shouts pointing at a bush.

"Don't worry, we scared them off" I say looking away from the black birds, and ahead.

"I know we are in the front lines. But as long as we keep our heads cool, survival will stay true" I say while looking Tom in the eyes.

His face his covered in dark with his hood up trying his best to keep the sun out of his eyes. Even then I can see the sweat dripping from his face, as his facial expression is held glum.

*bang* the sound of a distant flare is shot up into the air signaling that there it is a titan. I look up at the flare seeing that it is colored green, meaning that it is just a normal titan.

"Dina will relay the flare." I say looking to my left hearing another bang as Dina relays the flare letting the rest of the expedition group know about the titan. I keep staring to the left waiting for Erwin to tell us which direction to move to. The silence stills the air as the clopping of the horses ring thru the air.