Chap14: We are Alive

I lift the body's of our friends off the ground and into the cart.

"How...." A man says with a quavery voice.

"Fuck" I shout pushing the cart door closed feeling the heavy mood set in. I glance around seeing people raising dead body's off the ground and setting them into the carts.

"How did this happen!" The same man shouts in fear.

"Shut up!" Another man shouted slamming his fist into the cart.

"Why should I? Everyone is dead!" The man on the cart shouts.

"Because we are still alive!" The man on the ground shouts back. Then silence sets in as everybody continues to load body's onto the cart.

"John...are you...ok..." Dina asks looking me in the eyes.

"No..Fuck no...." I respond.

"Where is Loren?" Dina asks glancing around the area.

"I have no fucking clue...." I respond kneeling down looking at my dead friends face. A body rests on the ground, right in front of me. With blood seeping through its wounds.

Nobody could identify who this was. Due to his body being a red mess. But Tom was laying next to the body. Shit we found Tom just as he was about to die. He was laying next to this body crying with his mangled body bent in aqward positions. But he is dead now. Un-savable. And this body is clearly Alex's since Tom was with him when he died.

"John..." Dina says pulling my attention back to reality.

"We need to move...Lets...Lets move his body onto the cart..." Dina says bending down herself to help move Alex's body.

"Ok..." I respond standing up. With one side of the body in my hands. As Dina lifts the other side with her hands. Shit I'm surprised she is handling this so calmly. I'm at the verge of breaking down due to this event.

We move the body up onto the cart stacking it on top of the other bodys

"Hurry up! We need to move!" A man shouts from the front of the cart.

"Got it!" I shout back lifting Alex's body and setting it in the pile of dead body's.

"We are ready to move!" I shout walking up to my horse.

I look back seeing that Dina is still standing there. Looking at Alex's body.

"Dina!" I shout getting her attention. I look over to her horse signaling her to get on it. I look back at her seeing that she is moving towards her horse.

"John!" A familiar voice shouts from behind me. I turn my head to see Loren riding towards me on her horse.