Chap 10: The Man In The Nightmare

The soft prickly hair the of horse brushes against my hands and clothes as I ride this animal.

*Clop, Clop, Clop* I turn my head to the right seeing Tom And Loren in a line. I then look to my left seeing Both John, and Dina in a line.

"When do you think we will arrive?" Tom asks. The sun scorches the land making the cloak I wear un-bearable to keep on. But knowing these lands, It could rain any minute. I look over At Tom And Loren seeing that their eyes are squinted trying to see past the light shining in our eyes.

"I think ETA is about five minutes" I respond. I wipe some sweat from my forehead with my forearm trying to keep it from blocking my vision.

"Why are we out here?" Tom asks looking around the open grass planes.

"After all this is our down time!" Tom shouts further urging me to tell him.

"Wait, and you will see" I respond, refusing to give him the answer.

We are part of the survey corps now, we have been living at the HQ for at least two months now. Waiting for the expedition to begin. It will take about four more months before we head out, but for now we focus on training.

"We are here!" I shout pulling back on the leather straps,

"O,o,o,o" I say telling my horse to stop.

"Is this what you wanted to see?" John asks looking up at the object.

"Yes" I say jumping off my horse, landing on my feet with a thump. My leg finally healed after so many days of watching people practice their maneuvering skills.

I look up at the object, which is the forest, its not the biggest forest but it will work for some 3D Maneuver gear Training.

"I have set up some wooden logs, as the titan's nape!" I shout turning some nobs on my 3D Maneuver gear operation device. I look up seeing that my squad is doing the same with theirs.

"I'm ready!" Tom says hooking his blades to the Operating Device, Turning it into a sword. I do the same along with the others.

"Ok, we are going to do something knew. We are not going to be in a formation. Instead we are going to do some maneuvering patterns and attacks." I say pointing into the forest.

"Dina, your going to zig zag towards the Titan as Tom follows you in the same way. Since the Titans are far to stupid to guess which direction we are going It will be confused when there are two humans swinging towards him in totally different patterns." I say while using my hands to demonstrate how the the menuvers will be like. I swing my right hand towords the left as my left hand swings toward the right then it rotates with the Right hand going left and the left hand going Right

"What about us?" Loren and John ask With anticipation still in the air.