Chap 5: Life is cruel

I open my eyes revealing the room around me. With the molding wood and the crude smell of smoke and ash filling the air. There is three single person beds all filled with wounded soldiers as the ground is taken up by any soldier small enough to fit.

I am laying atop a hey stack along with one other person whose face is pale with no life at all. On the other side of the room stands a doctor who is dressed in white. After a few minutes of watching him play around with a packet of paper he looks behind himself letting his eyes land upon me.

"Welcome to the living" The doc says. He then looks back down at his paper and looks back at me.

"Thanks" I say while rubbing the back of my head feeling my body regain life. I was knocked out by a drug while the docs took my body and fixed it right up.

"We fixed your leg, as well as the removal of the glass from your arms and chest. I sigh knowing the glass came from John and I smashing through that glass. Though he was bleed more then I was I did not realize I was bleeding myself since there was already so much blood on me.

"Thanks a lot." I say looking over at the guy next to me.

"He is dead, but we cant get his body out of here due to all the people in here." The doc says as he carefully steps over the soldiers on the ground

"You should get him out of here still" I say looking over at the body again.

"That is like me telling you how to kill a Titan" The doc says handing me the packet of papers. I give a short laugh as I take the packet and read over it.

"So just sign the paper so that you are relived of duty. Since you cant fight intell your leg is fixed. Though before you cry tears of joy. You will be going through the graduation process so be sure to show up to that." The doc says, I feel that he is smirking but due to the mask its hard to tell.

I take a pen from his right breast pocket and use it to sign these papers.

"You can go now" The doc says as he scoots to his left to fix up the corpse that I've been sleeping next to.

I grab the two crutches I was given back at the Hq. I then use them to stand myself and wobble past the Soldiers on the ground and out the wooden doorway that leads out to even more chaos.

The first things I see as I step out is soldiers running back and fourth through the street making it impossible to cross to the other side. I look left and right to see if I can find my squad since every soldier is here in these streets waiting for the next order from the commander.

"Hey Alex!" John shouts, I look across the street seeing the big left hand of John waving me me over from across the street. I give a slight nod as I try to trudge my way through all the soldiers walking along the roads.

Though I managed to get half way across the street without eating dirt. I am stuck here. With soldiers ramming into me making me lose my balance.

"Hey move it!" John shouts making me look over to see him slamming into the crowd foreseeing a pathway for me to take.

"Thanks" I say walking out of the crowd seeing my squad is positioned at a wooden table in front of a store.

I take a seat at the table seeing that Loren and Dina are sitting at the right side of the table with Tom sitting on the left side with his head planted into his arms.

I take my seat in front of Tom while John attempts to seat himself between Dina and Tom. Though he slams his knee into the table.

"Oww!" John shouts while he rubs his knee in pain.