Chapter 3: Goodbye... I Will Miss You

An hour of fighting has past. We have seen more then our share of deaths. We have watched so many friends die. Though we have killed so many Titan's but they just keep on coming. One after another. We cant keep fighting. Not with this Rain clouding our Vision.

Loren walks up to me with what looks to be a green rain cloak. I give a short nod while I wrap the cloak around my neck. Which results in it shielding me from the Rain.

"The rain just keeps on going." Loren says while looking up into the sky. I pull up my hood so that I can see better in this Rain.

"You will get used to it" I say, I look back at my squad seeing that most of them are standing guard. Though Tom sits on the roof with his hands covering his ears. I take a deep breath feeling a sharp pain in my chest. He is not as strong as the others. Even though we are all at our breaking point with all this death and bloodshed. 

"Listen up! We need to find the rest of the Division and get the hell out of here!" I shout knowing that all Civilians managed to escape without any casualties. For all the casualty's where us. The soldiers.

"Hey! we don't got much fuel left Alex. How do you expect us to get out of here." Rein asks.

"The supply Teams must be with the rest of the division." I say while looking at Rein.

"Well they better be there" Rein says. He walks away to the edge of the Roof we stand on. I walk over to Tom seeing that he did not hear what I said.

"Tom, we need to get moving. Are you ready?" I ask Tom while I bend over next to his head.

"We won't make it..Not all of us.." Tom says with tears staining his cheeks.

"But if we don't try then its set in stone Tom. We need to keep fighting." I say. I kneel down next to Tom knowing I need to do some talking.

"But even then...That does not mean that we will live!" Tom shouts as his voice wavers.

"Then why did we become soldiers." I say.

"..." Tom stays silent

"We became soldiers to fight, remember? You said it yourself." I say.

"I know..I just..just..don't want to see you all die. To see you people get ripped to pieces." Tom says. He puts his hands over his eyes, letting his tears run out.

"But your wrong! we are going to live! Because we are here, together!" I shout quieting his sobs.

"lets go, we can't be here much longer" I say. I fire my hooks into nearby buildings which flings me up into the air.

We swing through the air while keeping an eye out for any signs of our friends. I look down at the ground making sure there are no Titans in sight. But none are to appear before my eyes.

"Alex!" Dina shouts with urgency in her voice. I quickly look down seeing that there is a Titan in mid flight with its mouth wide open, ready to chomp down on my body.

"Fuck!" Rein shouts as I feel my body get slammed from the side making me spin out of the path of the Titan. But his plan was to only save me. For he was now in position to die.

"Sorry.." Rein says while the Titan slams its teeth together with Reins body inside.  

I watch Rein's upper half go limp, which consists of Rein's head, chest, and some of his entrails. Falling to the ground, soaked in blood, I look into Rein's lifeless eyes, and the terrified look on his face. I move my sight over at the Titan, which already has swallowed Rein's lower half. I just feel nothing. Just fear and depression. I can't think clearly all. I could only gather that Rein is dead. Nothing else, just that he will never come back, and that blood is enough to prove it.