20. Loved

"Chiiim" Taehyung swung the door open and throwing his bag down, he jumped onto the bed next to Jimin, not bothered by the tiny fact that he's still in his school uniform.

"Hi Tae" smiled the boy faintly and turned to the other under the covers.

Taehyung's always sun-tanned skin seemed almost golden from the light shining on it. It didn't matter what season it was, or what part of the day they were in, the boy always seemed to have a spell on Jimin. Not only his large, glittering puppy eyes, not only his perfectly shaped lips, or his face's flawlessly curved line made him so beautiful in Jimin's eyes. No, the main reason was the boy's openness what just radiated from his being. His posture, which never showed that he would be distant from him; the mindless touches from day one, as if the boy didn't know the concept of private sphere – and for Jimin this was always a positive trait, the sign of unconditional acceptance. Taehyung was an open book, so much more childish than the other real kids that he knew; much more childish than him. That was why he was so loveable as a person. Although Jimin lost his memories for a while, but maybe he unwarily fell in love with a person like that. With someone, who is unconditionally good, who has a smile on his face even on his worst days. With someone, who could be the eternal sunshine in his life, whose presence meant safety. For Jimin, this boy was like the Moon, what was his only companion and ray of hope so often, while he dragged his tired body from all day of "work" through the deserted streets to the Estate. Those brief minutes that he could spend like that, in the company of the orb were the only peaceful moments of his day. This was Kim Taehyung. The moss on the side of the trees that led out the lost ones from the woods. One source of joy from the numerous bad ones.

The boy reminded him of Hoseok a little, but while Jimin only knew the Estate, he counted the leader of the kids more as a naïve fool than the only sane one there. However, after the boy got between the Kims, he realized how much in a need people are for emotions, that only Hoseok offered for them back there.

And they only spent half a day apart with Taehyung, yet Jimin already missed the boy. He couldn't even imagine what his life will be like without him now that he already knew him and learned how different someone could be. He will feel guilt forever about just leaving him here. Tae deserved a proper ending, an explanation, a luckier love. And Jimin still couldn't tell him the truth. He didn't want the other to learn what kind of person he really was, he didn't want to crush the dream world where the boy lived, he didn't want to tell, because... He was ashamed of himself. He wanted Tae to not feel bad about his memory, to not hate him whatever the end of their story will be. And even if the boy would receive the truth well, what would be the use of it? He would want to hold him back, but he couldn't stay. And it would be only worse for Taehyung if he got to know where Jimin was going back. That he might – certainly – get tortured, that he could be killed too. And the boy just wanted to... Spare the boy, save him from all the pain, and now that he couldn't do that, he just choose the least bad looking choice. One more day together, then he bids farewell to the Kim family – of course only in mind – and leaves in silence.

"How was your day?" asked Tae after a few seconds, but Jimin felt the passing time as hours. The boy's long silver earring rolled back and forth as he spoke, and Jimin suddenly couldn't focus on anything else just the jewelry, that adapted the shape of the boy's cheeks, and flashed the light uncomfortably into his eyes from time to time.

Jimin smiled, and brushed the earring out of the boy's face, that run down on his neck like that. Maybe Taehyung was the only person whose earring was disturbing when it was on his face, because even that couldn't match the boy's natural beauty. It only distracted Jimin from the main point. Maybe for others, Kim Taehyung was only a tiny bit more handsome than every other teen boy, some might even find him perfectly average, but Jimin couldn't even say one thing that he didn't find beautiful in the boy.