7. The accepted

Recommended song: Yiruma - If I Could See You Again

Yoongi's hair looked like a haystack, as if he would be just dragged straight out from bed. His eyes were hidden behind a pair or black-framed glasses, still, the dark circles under them could be seen. The boy was dressed in dark, crumbled clothes, and to say it bluntly, his aura was the stark opposite of the Kim brothers'.

After the boy finally let go of Jimin's gaze, he looked at Namjoon and nodded.

"Let's get over it."

The doctor coughed once embarrassedly.

"So Chimmy, this is Yoongi. Yoongi, he's Chimmy."

Yoongi nodded towards the boy. Jimin hesitated for a moment whether he should reach out his hand or not, but soon he dismissed the idea and just bowed carefully, as much as the table let him to.

"I hope we'll get along well" he said at last.

"I bet" murmured the pale boy without any emotion on his face.

For a few seconds, everyone waited for what's next, but after neither Jimin nor Yoongi didn't step towards continuing with any kind of communication, Seokjin took over, reaching to the middle of the table to push the cake towards Jimin.

"Welcome in the family, Chim" Taehyung grinned at him, and the boy – breaking his stare from Yoongi – smiled back gratefully.

"It's selfish to say, but I hope you'll stay with us for a long time" smiled at him Namjoon too.

At the end, Jimin blow the candles on the cake and they all ate a slice. The boy tried to ignore the unsympathetic family member just as he looked through him during the meal. Actually, Yoongi looked through all of them the whole time. When Jimin glanced at him from time to time, the composer was always stabbing his cake with the same boredom, without even trying to enter the conversation.

"I have a surprise" jumped Taehyung up from his seat suddenly, striking the table, causing Jin's glass to fall over.

"Carefully" said the hyung with a completely calm tone, while reaching out for a napkin. He was too used to his brother's temper to get angry at little things like that.

The boy came back from the hall and loaded a wrapped box into Jimin's hand.

"Open it."

The new resident tore off the pretty wrapping paper and started to fiddle with the yet again wrapper looking thing.

"What's this?"

"A phone! You can't live without a phone, there is no way. You can download games onto it, chat, use the SNS, watch films, listen to music..."

"Make phone calls" added Namjoon sarcastically.

"That too..."

"I know what a phone is" smiled Jimin carefully listening to the others' tries. "I just didn't recognize it from its box."

"Oh. Weird. Anyways, open it, I wrote in everyone's number, and set up some things like the language and wallpaper. Chim... You can read, right?"

Jimin spaced out for a bit. Could he read? Then, in his mind, various characters and words appeared, all of which he recognized, so the boy nodded confidently.

With Tae's help they turned on the phone, the lock screen appeared after a few seconds, showing a picture. A picture, where he and Taehyung sat on his hospital bed. The photo was made when Taehyung had to go back to school after the Christmas holidays, and he wanted something that would cheer him up even if he had to suffer in class.