28. Freed up

Silence filled the room.

Seokjin sat on his chair deep in thoughts, staring at the test tubes in front of him. He missed Jisoo very badly all of a sudden, for she could have made the choices instead of him if she were here, even if he was the head of the family.

Sadly however, the woman took off after their dinner together to catch the last plane to Europe, and he couldn't even call her to at least get her opinion. Their peaceful life turned into hell by a blink; Chimmy left, Yoongi stormed back to his room, Namjoon hurried out a few minutes after the incident. Only Taehyung remained at his seat on the sofa, in silence, with his hands balled into fists.

Seokjin looked up at his brother. Fat teardrops fell from the boy's eyes to his pajama pants, and he visibly tried not to give in to crying.

"Tae..."

"No matter what, we shouldn't have let him go" he interrupted the older while sobbing.

"What else was I supposed to do?"

"You could have listened to him! He's not a bad person, I know!" Taehyung jumped up from the sofa and pressed his fisted hands to his sides now.

"Tae, he stole what our parents worked so much for. These agents are dangerous" Seokjin tried to stay calm, and keep his tone controlled, but he was slowly getting riled up too. It might had have been because he knew that the other one was right, maybe because he wanted the other to be right too. Be the situation told him otherwise, and he had to protect the family as the eldest, no matter how he grew to like the boy. And he hated that he became the "villain" in his little brother's eyes. Because he didn't do anything. And the situation only became worse because he didn't want to do this either.

"But I know him!" Taehyung stomped on the ground in helplessness.

"Looks like not enough. I'm sorry, Tae. Let's end this" Seokjin turned around with his chair to stand up, but his brother stomped in front of him and kneeled down to cling to his legs. The man looked down with widened, surprised eyes at the younger who stared up at him with a pleading expression.

"Hyung, I love him. You can't take him away from me."

Jin bit onto his lower lip. It wasn't that he was surprised, he was pretty sure that the two boys loved each other, and maybe they didn't even keep it in secret anymore; but hearing it out loud just made it all worse because it made more real.

"He wouldn't have done something like that just because!"

"Taehyung, you're just a teen who's blinded by love."

The younger squinted his eyes and let go of his brother. He even forgot to cry all of a sudden.

"I wouldn't have thought that You would be the one saying something like this to me. Just because I am a dumb, inexperienced teen, maybe I can still think something truly and I can have real emotions. I don't think I gave you any reason to treat me like a crazy dumbass with hormonal problems."

Seokjin already knew that he was going to regret his next sentence before saying it out loud.

"Then look at yourself now, and you will understand."

Taehyung froze for a moment, then got up from the floor and ran out of the room, leaving Jin alone with his thoughts.

The man's gaze wandered back to the test tubes. How much trouble and pain for two little vials that we can't even put to use. Seokjin sat in the room for much longer, waiting for something to happen, for someone to come back for him, because this wasn't right, things weren't supposed to be this way. Suddenly he felt the same way than at the day his parents died, and he had to drag an unconscious Yoongi out of the basement while he too, was at the edge of collapsing. Hopelessly.