37. Families - part two

It was as if he had been floating for days. Jimin couldn't tell where he was, who he was, if he was existing at all, he just let the swaying feeling rule him. It was comfortable. Calm. Peaceful.

Reality returned to him in dust sized pieces.

His name was Jimin. Voices talked over him in hushed tones. He grew up at the Estate. His hands were cold, despite being surrounded by warmness. He fought with basically everyone who he could have. He tried to move his fingers, but it was as if something had cut the connection between his nerves and muscles. He faintly remembered that he saw Yoongi at the Estate, but that couldn't have been true, right? His thoughts might have been just mushed together by the blood loss. The Kim's and the Estate's worlds were so distant from each other that any kind of link between the two seemed nearly impossible. And Yoongi sent him away anyway, he was sure about that. Stinging smell of cleaning agents filled his mind. He tried to break out from the fog and concentrate on the conversation going on next to him, but he just heard, not understood the words. Waking up seemed a lost fight, so he allowed himself to slip back into unconsciousness again.

"Still, don't worry that much..."

Jimin had been listening to the conversation for a few minutes, but he hadn't succeeded in catching the thread yet.

What he could concentrate on though, were the little movements around his fingers. He recalled all the new little touches in amusement, he could only hang onto those. His throat was so dry that he couldn't even swallow, and the constant stinging feeling was worse than any of the pain he experienced in previous colds.

"As if that was an actual option."

His hand got squeezed. His muscles moved, and his brain, maybe because of that but finally listened to him when he wanted to bend his fingers.

"Hyung, hyung, I think he is going to wake up!"

The boy, after some struggle, made his eyes open up. Namjoon was talking to him, but only a little part of his words reached him before he had returned to his strange floating state. Still, the last moment before falling asleep he got to see Taehyung's worried expression.

How could one pair of warm brown eyes hide the entire universe?

When he regained consciousness again, silence surrounded him, only the pressure on his arm made him realize that he was awake. His head was aching, it felt as if someone had sat on his chest, he struggled with each breath. His leg seemed numb until he tried to move it out of curiosity just a little bit. Pain so bad he never felt before stung through the limb up to his hip and filled his mind. He kept his breath in until the pain had disappeared, and even then, he could only blow it out shakily. He opened his eyes desperately, then closed them immediately. He wasn't used to the light. Where was he? What happened? Why did he feel like this? His whole body seemed paralyzed. His throat, lungs, his leg, even his arms. His face was pulsating painfully. He felt locked up and restricted, not even his brain wanted to work properly. A drop of tear escaped from behind his closed eyelid, and he couldn't wipe it off because a weight was squeezed on one of his arms, and in another, he felt something like a needle. Infusion? Previously, when Taehyung hit him, he felt this already.

He opened his eyes again, but only a blurred, slightly swaying image of the room appeared in front of him.

What was all this? Why was he crying to begin with? His thoughts were still left at the part where the gangster's shoes kept hitting his chest, and practically every inch of him they could reach. He thought that he would die, how could he still be alive? Where were everyone?