29. The lost-found

"Where have you been?" Seokjin cocked an eyebrow when his panting brother stepped into the room.

"I gave Chimmy dry clothes and some medicine" answered the doctor carefully. "You can scold me, but I couldn't just let him go away like that."

The older put his elbow onto the table and laid his head in his palm with a nod.

"I have no idea what we should do now."

"Me neither, to be honest."

"I mean... Look at him... He's barely out of the ground and just seventeen. I was sure he couldn't hurt a fly until now, but then he put these in front of me, and... I don't know. What would've happened if you hadn't seen him? Would he have taken the vials out and would it have been our fault that the Arcanum fell into the hands of the Mafia?"

Namjoon cocked his head to the side and hummed in disbelief.

"I don't think so. If he really had wanted to steal these then he would have run away or give a simple excuse. I didn't see that he had them, I wouldn't have any reason to doubt that there was something else behind it. And he told me to call you here. While I went upstairs, he could've simply walk away."

"Then why...?"

"I found him in the kitchen. What was he doing there? It's a completely unreasonable route from the lab."

Seokjin slapped his forehead.

"We have security cameras."

"Oh, I didn't even think about that."

"I'll find the records in a moment." Seokjin opened his laptop lying on the desk determinedly and started to type.

"I'll take these back in the meantime, they shouldn't be in the outside's temperature for long" Namjoon got hold of the vials.

"Alright. But please, don't drop them! Don't break something for once."

The doctor grimaced.

"It's a fact that I'm clumsy, but I know what I'm doing" he turned away with an offended tone, then stumbled over the edge of the carpet; fortunately, regaining his balance.

"Namjoon-ah!" Jin jumped up from his seat nervously, while the doctor shuffled out of the room with bight red ears, holding the agents securely.

"I'm going to kill him if he breaks them..." The man sat back to the desk and started to load the recordings. On the screen, Jimin passed various rooms' cameras in time-lapse.

"Is that really orange juice?" the question broke out of him when he saw what the boy was doing. "Was he making fake agents?"

Seokjin shook his head and decided to watch the whole thing from the beginning, because this just made him more confused.

"So, first he left... Then he came back..." Jin scrolled back to the part where the boy was opening the doors. "What kind of hack is that he just puts his palm on...? Did he have some kind of service jammer?"

The boy successfully got through the first door, and the man watched confusedly as he hesitated to take each step. He bent forward when the most important part came.

"I don't understand this" he shook his head when Chimmy simply got access to enter the cabin. "At least something was supposed to happen that mean that he didn't enter completely rightfully." Except, if he did enter rightfully. But that couldn't be possible, could it?

The man pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Joon-ah..."

"I didn't drop them, Hyung, you don't have to check upon me" came the dissatisfied voice from the other side.