26. The caught

Jimin opened the door to the labor.

The tiles, the walls and basically everything glowed whitely inside, and yet it was hard for the teen not to search for the black traces of blood in the room which were cleaned up long ago already. Everything stood there as he remembered from before. Untouched, neglected, as if nobody ever used the white room... Which was actually true for the last thirteen years.

Well, this was the place where his parents got killed, here lied the fate of his remaining life. It briefly ran through his mind how all of this could have happened somehow differently.

The doctor told him that Yoongi's brother was only home with their parents because he had a cold. Maybe, if he hadn't caught some illness, now he would be sleeping upstairs rightfully with all the other orphan brothers. The image suddenly flooded his mind as he stroked the rail before the door with his hand in a two-fingered glove. Then, it wasn't just his imagination playing with him when the first day he got here the scene appeared in front of him. It was all clear now. Jimin went through all the other scenes he remembered with a bitter smile. Yoongi's hug, the family imagined at dinner, the fact, that the producer saw his brother in him... It was just all more unbelievable, because... How could they be so blind? Now, that someone told him the answer of the quiz, the formula was so simple as adding two to two, but so far, they just skipped the whole thing, while saying that there was nothing to solve.

He raised his gaze to the cabin. Inside, the chemicals were listed in different test tubes and flasks on racks, just as he remembered. Some vials which people sacrificed their lives for.

He stepped closer to the section, but it was surrounded by transparent wall all the way, he couldn't find any type of lock or door.

"How on Earth am I supposed to get in here?" he slid his fingers through his locks in frustration, to which the glass started to glow in a subtle dark-blue color. Jimin jerked back.

"Welcome" said a mechanical toned voice of a woman from somewhere in the ceiling. "In case you would like to enter the private laboratory, please place your hand at the appointed place, and keep still until further instruction. Attention! The door only opens if an authorized person asks permission to turn off the security system. In all other cases, the system automatically notifies the appropriate authorities."

Jimin listened to the content in daze. Did technologies like this exist in the twentieth century? Of course, he wasn't really an insider in informatics while living at the Estate, but he stole enough mechanic items to know the basics of where the development is at currently.

As the machine spoke, Jimin noticed a handshape light up in white, which meant that he had to place his palm there. He wasn't scared that the machine would actually notify someone if he wouldn't get the authority to get in, it was clearly an empty threat. The government couldn't get to know what happened in this lab, because if they could, maybe the police would've gotten here before the Kim and Min parents got killed, and then Yoongi wouldn't had been the one to find the dead bodies.

He placed his hand onto the white shape without a second thought. The machine started to beep immediately, while a darker ray of light started to scan his hand. On the side of the glass, some little icons showed up, which Jimin couldn't quite understand, with more and more ticks next to them. He suddenly felt a small prick in his middle finger, and while keeping his hand in its place, he tired to look into the wall to see what was happening.

"Wow" he raised his eyebrow as he saw the drop of blood which was already moving towards the ground through the transparent wall to an examiner-machine under the room, probably.