15. Confessions

Recommended song: Yiruma - Do You?

It was the end of April, what meant one with the yearly celebration of the FYH at the Kims. That was how they called their medical device-making company, which was sort for ‘For Your Health’. Of course, not many knew who the real inheritors were, but some investors and the factory management were aware of the matter. The press wasn’t informed about the party obviously, apart from the invites people, no one knew about it – they didn’t need the Media’s echoing to be successful and keep their selling high in the sky not only in South-Korea, but in most of the developed countries, too.

Jimin only got to know all this after Namjoon told him about the family’s real businesses. Since then, the others have spoken openly about everything related to it in front of him. About workers, incomings, innovation ideas. Although their family lunches were no longer so cloudless and about nothingness, the boy began to feel closer to the siblings.

The party got held every year. Jimin didn’t think about it much at first, but seeing how excited Taehyung was about the event, soon he started to think about it hopefully too.
“Actually, it’s just a boring event where Jinnie hyung talks, and then we eat and everyone is in uncomfortable clothes, but at least there’s really a lot a food” said the boy, making Jimin shake his head.
“Your brother practically owns a restaurant, why don’t you eat there sometimes?”
Taehyung placed his index finger in front of the other’s nose and waved it. Jimin squinted at his friend’s hand which got too close to his face.
“I can’t. People from my high school go there with their families. Imagine what would happen if they would see me. They wouldn’t understand what I would be doing there. Although it happens very rarely that I help out when one of the waiters get sick. I’ve met them before then but hey, it was totally worth it!
A happy grin sat on Taehyung’s face.
“Being a waiter is so much fun! The uniform fits me really well, and I can pretend that I’m one of the chefs from the TV in the kitchen.” The boy stretched out his arm and demonstrated his words with the famous salt-spraying moves. Jimin had to lie down on the couch because he was laughing too hard.
“Unfortunately, hyung doesn’t let me actually work for him. Because school’s more important.”
“He’s right.”
“I know, but I wanted to have something I can do in my free time. Surrounded by people a bit. Even if they only order from me. It would be better than just sitting home and making robots. Don’t get me wrong, that is my biggest hobby but It’s a little bit too lonely.
Jimin nodded understandingly.
“Of course, everything is different now. Because you’re here.” Taehyung pulled up the other for a hug. “I hope we will stay friends forever.”
“Me too” patted the boy’s back Jimin. Tae’s scent filled his mind in a second, and the teen wished that they would stay like this until the end of time.
In each other’s embrace.

“The other think I like in that day, is that before we get to go, we do our yearly family photoshoot. This year we won’t be in traditional suits, but ones that are a little… More fashionable” pulled back Taehyung.

“Oh, I’m sure that’s cool” answered the blond boy politely. He forgot sometimes that he’s practically not a part of the family, but now it painfully crossed his mind that he had never been one of the Kims.
“We would like you to be on them.”
Jimin glanced at his with an astonished look. Or maybe he is.
“Really?”
“Of course! We don’t just take one picture anyway. You belong in the family too. We just put on our clothes and a photographer comes over. Then we frame the pictures and put them on the wall. This is the tradition.”
“Are you sure? That I can be on them too?”
“Absolutely sure” smiled Taehyung, while Jimin tried to hide how happy he was because of this request.
Somehow, however, he couldn’t do so.