32. The rescue combat - part two

Yoongi halted for a moment as one of the policemen outside got going towards him. Fortunately, Hoseok appeared by his side and lifted the gun up. The watchman stepped back.

"You are idiots if you go inside" he called after them, but the two didn't react to the warning. They knew that the man wouldn't shoot them anyway as they were at the same side, they asked for help.

"This way" walked the black-haired further in the corridor with Yoongi following behind, panting. It had been years ago that he had been running, it was a strange feeling to get his stinging lungs to work which were already shrunken from fear. He stopped with coughs when they got to the farthest door. It was miracle-like that they hadn't meet anyone till there to begin with, but the first floor probably got cleared up entirely already. However, the basement was a different case. Clouds of dust was flowing out and the sound of fighting was to be heard.

"Come behind me" Hoseok stood in front of him and he started to take the stairs down making as little noise as possible.

To put it mildly, the basement was utter chaos. People in uniforms and masks were fighting with the probable people of the Estate here and there, sometimes the sound of shots stroked through the air, making everyone jolt. The most noticeable still wasn't this, but the sight of the kids. Starting off from the little ones that people weren't supposed to let even on the slides alone, to the bigger ones who reached the height of Yoongi already – they were everywhere. Stuck to the walls, hidden under a small table, on the ground covering their heads. In the farthest corner of the room there were a bigger group sitting on the ground curling up, with a dirty, blond haired girl in front of them with a broom that she sticked in the stomach of a man getting near, who immediately crouched down in pain.

"Where is Jimin?" No matter how the producer looked around, he couldn't see the familiar blond locks anywhere.

Hoseok turned around and placed his good pointer finger to his mouth, then motioned to a wall. Yoongi nodded, and they got going together. Although a person in leather jacket got going towards them when he found himself opposite from the black-haired boy's weapon, he just shrugged. This might had been what Hoseok meant under his statement that only a few were at the Estate by their free will.

Although the metallic door was closed, the locks were all open. Could it be that they couldn't get inside yet? How could that happen? But at the same time... Everyone was busy with fighting off the people first. The Estate's people seemed to have the upper hand. Hoseok tore the metallic door open and before Yoongi could even take a glance of the situation inside, the boy stepped further, got the pistol in both of his hands, and pulled the trigger.

The producer suddenly got deafened by the sharp noise. It was as if his ears had gotten filled with cotton, he couldn't hear just see the scene in front of him. A bald, collapsed man laid flat on the ground where a pool of blood already started to collect. Yoongi watched the scene unfold in front of him in fear before he saw something that made his heart skip a beat. Jimin.

The boy laid in a pool of an amount of blood that would have made Yoongi think that he was already dead if he hadn't seen the younger's chest move in a rapid speed. He froze for a moment. Hoseok could have been in a similar state too, because the blow coming from his side came unexpectedly. A man, looking quite the same as the dead one, jumped on him, making the weapon fall out of his hands. The bald one didn't hesitate and banged the boy's head in the wall, to which the latter fell as a ragdoll.

Yoongi quickly though the situation through. He was left alone in the room with three other armed men, while their pistol laid somewhere between Hoseok and the floor. His situation was practically hopeless. So many plans crossed his mind in a span of half a second, but he didn't have enough time to call for help nor to pull the gun out from under the boy. Not to mention that he had no idea how to use it.