31. The rescue combat - part one

Yoongi was feeling lost. It was as if the last two hours hadn't happened to him at all; it was rather a slow nightmare where one would like to hurry time, but they have no ability to. He just dragged himself through the minutes, constantly searching for a clock with his gaze, turning his phone on and on when the screen got black.

Jin placed his own huge palm over his arm from time to time, but even that couldn't calm him, how could it have? When his brother was in danger, when he wasn't even sure if his brother was still alive... It was as if he was getting choked by something at the thought. Jimin, through all these years... He was in front of his nose... All along. How could he not find him? They had so much money, they were supposed to just start a search and not to deny everything and think that the boy had to be dead. All of it was his fault, they gave up on finding his brother so quickly because of his own selfishness. He was supposed to fight till the end, to search for the boy until he could only find him as an old man. Only if he had done an aged-up picture, he could have known immediately... But no, he made Jimin's name a forbidden word in the family. And still, what he felt was his biggest sin that he didn't recognize his own brother. In a part of his brain he knew that he couldn't have been able after all these years, but still... He was supposed to be different; he was supposed to know. He could only replay the scene in his brain where he shouted in the boy's face while gripping his collar. Where he had already known that Yoongi was his brother and he still had done that to him. The producer closed his hands into fists. He had to find his brother to ask for forgiveness from him. They had to save him.

The plan wasn't really clear for him. They got led in a private room at the station, where every person entering got searched and their cell phones were taken away from the for safety too. According to Haneul, these were the most trusted detectives there, yet Yoongi watched them with untrustful eyes from his seat at the corner of the room; far enough from everyone seated at the long table. He didn't need to add to the plan anyway, he just wanted his brother, he didn't care if the gangster site got destroyed entirely or not, even if his parents' killers were inside. He could only think about the last living member of his family.

At the table, the chief of the department and Hoseok explained everything to the others in turns. The boy, although with pursed lips and furrowed brows, but drew the layout of the whole building for the others. Only when Hoseok lowered his hand back did the producer see a drop of blood fall on the light brown floor. He still didn't say anything, because all his hope was in this boy at the moment. He was the only one who knew the Estate enough to know about its weaknesses.

So Yoongi turned his gaze away from the red spot causing him flashbacks and continued watching the men.

Kim Jongin showed up at the middle of the discussion. The tall man with an unshakable expression was in his twenties, and the air in the room froze at his arrival. The detectives got silent at the same time and even the chief stopped in the middle of his sentence and coughed unsurely.

The blond man pulled his lips in a grin in satisfaction and zipped his leather jacket open to get searched by the watchman at the door.

"What, you don't want to blame me with mindless murder this time?" he asked mockingly as he got seated. Yoongi became dubious for a moment. Would this man actually help them?

"We want to ask you for cooperation."

Kim Jongin snickered.

"Cooperation?!" he cocked an eyebrow in amusement. "What business do I have with the police? I'm only an investor..."

"Well, as we all know, that's not true" answered Haneul calmly, and as the other didn't move, he started talking. As he got forward in the plan, Kim Jongin's smug smile faded slowly and he just sat gazing at nowhere for a minute after the other finished talking.