Thirteen: The Irresistible Beau

Chapter Thirteen

The Irresistible Beau

The first three days in Monte Carlo went in a blur for everyone including the prince and the architect. Both are so busy that they seldom see each other, and that works just fine for Pippa, in fact, she likes it that way. But amidst her tight schedule she couldn't help but feel anxious about their inevitable encounter.

The petite architect is very much aware that before the weekends, she has to face him, work with him and most of all- talk to him.

And just this morning, before she stepped out, her agitation grew more because she was told by one of the Rashid brothers that they're scheduled to visit the habitat's future site this Friday.

Due to this anticipated short message, Pippa's day has been filled with dread and anxiety.

In attempt to relax and be calm, she opted to visit one of her favorite places in Monte Carlo. Her decision may not pacify her completely but it did help a tad bit.

For the last three days including today, she has been coming by the same place. There, she had easily made new friends and acquaintance.

Despite the joy it has brought her, today she has other plans. She's thinking of exploring the Larvotto beach so she waved goodbye to her new friends and decided to go back at the manor early.

Planning to take a jog while exploring the seafront, she decided for a change of clothing. It's a little warmer today so she was able to don a pair of running shorts and a snug scooped-neck white shirt.

With her phone in hand, she jogged out towards the beach and savored the fresh sea breeze. She spent most of her time running and walking on the long shore line.

After she had enough of exercise, she took off her running shoes. She played barefooted with the sand and water while catching her breath.

Nature is really beyond breathtaking in her most undisturbed state and moment. Like the cotton candy horizon, she's witnessing right now, pink with the hint of pink, peach and gold.

With the magnificent scene in sight, she inhaled deeply and surrendered all her woes.

When the sun began to set, running shoes in hand, she retraced her steps towards the secluded Alamoudi manor. However, she didn't enter right away instead she put down her shoes on top of one of the nearby tables and stood by the sea front patio.

Once again, she quietly stared at the horizon while resuming her sand playing, still barefooted. She intends to wait until the first star comes out. She wants to see it twinkle so she could make a wish.

With earbuds still tucked in her delicate earlobes, she continued to listen to her playlist while waiting, humming and singing with the music from time to time.

Truthfully, she's been dreading the next day itinerary- going with the young monarch after days of not seeing him made her nervous. This is the main reason why she's here right now.

The past few days have been really great for her but it was also too loud. She planned this afternoon because she wanted a quiet time for herself, to tame her nerves and relax her body.

Seeing that the place was deserted and that she's all alone, she turned up the volume and started to sway to the music. This is her own way of relaxing and detoxifying. And now, she got to do it in the middle of the beach not inside the confines of her bedroom.

So far, she's loving every minute of it, feeling the sea breeze caressing her face and grazing her hair. She smiled inwardly, thinking how fun this was.