Fourteen: The Fierce Racer

Fourteen

The Fierce Racer

By the time they reached their next destination, Pippa found herself a little flustered. She was coerced of going with the prince instead of returning back home to work. She felt bad about allowing them to drag her down here. And now, after realizing where they were, she felt worse.

Or does she?

"It's going to be fun. We assure you." Both Altair and Min-Woo tried their best to persuade the young architect while the prince stayed silent. He never objected, just silent like he didn't care at all whether she goes or not.

In the end, the men succeeded and here she was, standing anxiously in the middle of a very familiar place. The exact same place she has visited the last four days of her stay here in Monte Carlo.

It was just a little over after lunch so the place was a bit deserted. This made Pippa sighed in gratitude. She was afraid that some of the regulars here will recognize her.

"Have you been here before?" Out of the blue, Min-Woo asked while they were walking towards the top most view deck. She gulped nervously but before she could open her mouth, manly shouts were heard.

This gave her the chance to not answer the question. Instead of responding, she pretended to fix one undone button of her coat.

Late last night, she was instructed by the prince, himself to wear smart casual attire for their ocular visit today. Although it's just via a short text message, she was more than thankful that she obeyed.

Instead of wearing her usual "stylish-tourist-girl-outfit", she opted for a more casual ensemble, a pair of dark slim-fit jeans matched with white long sleeve button down shirt. She also went for a more comfortable foot wear, her ever reliable black smooth Doc Marten boots. And after learning that it would be a little colder today, she donned a warmer outerwear, a dark grey peacoat and a beret of same color.

She was comfortable with the way she looks but she also knew that her whole ensemble made her appear younger. This made her a bit uncomfortable knowing that she will be in the presence of these men for a long period of time.

In truth, she really wanted to maintain a wall between them all and she thought that dressing more maturely and formally will help her achieve her goal easier.

"Well, too late for that now but whatever!" She whispered to herself as she glanced at the warp reflection of her from the glass wall of the view deck.

"Hey guys, this way." Silas Said waved at them, motioning them to come on their side of the deck. Standing beside him were the three remaining men from Altair's group, the West brothers and Mason Oliver.

The prince waved back and strode towards them, Altair walking alongside him. While Min-Woo hanged back for a bit to wait for the petite lady who continued to fix her neat coat.

"Whoa!" one of the West brothers exclaimed, eyes glued on the slightly bowed female.

Like robots, the testosterone huddle automatically lifted their heads and looked up. As if on cue, their jaws almost hit the floor all at the same time.

It took them a full minute to regain their wits back, "It's her, the girl from yesterday. Our mystery girl from the seafront patio." Leon West exclaimed.

"Yeah, it is her! She looked a bit younger up close but it's definitely her." His brother seconded, almost half-yelling.

Both Altair and the prince were surprised. It was quite evident that the guys have seen Pippa before, without them knowing it.