Sixteen: The Enigmatic Caller

Sixteen

The Enigmatic Caller

      Three days have passed since that sinful night and just like before, the prince together with his cousin Altair, disappeared without any warning.

      She has never seen even his shadow over the weekend and until now. It has happened again, a terrible mistake on her part, like the night they spent at the forest cabin then seeing him with another woman in Volterra. "Stupid, stupid, stupid," she murmured as she gazed at the screen of her laptop.

      She's currently working on another model house but her mind couldn't be silenced. "When will you learn your lesson?"  Her consciousness kept on nagging her.

       Everything in her was battered and hurt including her ego and pride. She had boldly invited him into her bed and she was blatantly turned down.

      "Maybe he wasn't drunk enough to go to bed with you," a harsh female voice sounded in her head. And this time, for some damn reason, it sounded like her mother.

      Deeply, she sighed, admitting that during that short ride, she has lost it all. She has let her feelings and her passion led her. He had gotten into her system again, effortlessly.

      It kept on piling up, the mysterious blond girl, his possessiveness, his touches, his kisses and most special his words.

      "You are mine, Pippa. No one else can have you, you will always be mine and mine alone. Do you understand?"

      This too-much-thinking made her chest tighten and breathing, laborious. Pippa had been like this, since the day she has seen her father's only godson in a different light. "Aaahhhhh," She screamed like a lunatic, beyond caring anymore. This is like taking bitter pills over and over again and now, she couldn't take any more of it. She had enough.

      Pippa stood up from her desk and walked toward the bed. In frustration, she dropped her body against its softness with great force. "You're not just stupid, you're also pathetic."

      She's greatly humiliated with the prince's behavior yet she couldn't blame anyone but herself and it's deeply affecting her. For days now, she easily loses concentration and her thoughts were everywhere.

      She could neither eat nor work and she has trouble sleeping, too. However, being Pippa, she's doing her best to fight them all off.

      In desperation, she has called her father several times and this made the Arias man very happy.

       But this benefited the petite woman the most. Hearing her father's voice became a tiny source of comfort for her. As if on cue, she twisted on her back and extracted her iPhone from the pocket of her sweat pants.

       She was about to dial her father's number, when her mobile phone started ringing. "Hello papa," She wasted no time upon seeing her dad's name flashing on the screen.

      "Hey nugget, how are you?" Alfonso Arias greeted his daughter in an enthusiastic voice.

      The lady architect smiled a bit at this, "I'm okay papa but a bit bored and out of patience. I wanted to go home but I need to wait for your godson." She murmured.

      "There's just four days left and you'll be here. Why don't you go out? Stroll in the park and just feel the city." He suggested.

      She huffed, "Since the Grand Prix last weekend, every square inch of Monte Carlo is crawling with tourists. And I don't want to be caught in the middle of chaos so I'm staying here in the manor until it's time to go home. Its unbelievably chaotic out there, I swear."