Nine: The Blonde Babe

h

Chapter Nine

The Blonde Babe

       After the not-so-platonic night they've shared in the forest cottage, the Prince became a bit more aloof towards Pippa. From the way he was acting, it seemed that night didn't happen at all. And again, the petite architect was left in puzzle and maze.

      Although her confusion was over and beyond, Pippa has no courage to confront or merely ask the involved person. And so, she just continued to do her work diligently while watching him from a far.

       "Architect Arias, how many house models are ready?" The prince asked her one morning. They were with the company of the old Italian man and her father, Alfonso Arias, inside the prince's office.

      His tone was formal and a little stiff so Pippa answered in the same manner. "Comprising the model houses are Cypress, Chaste, Cotton Cordia and Cedar for Casablanca, five in all. And then, there's three for Settat- Sequoia, Sycamore and Spruce. They're all finished and completed, your highness."

"You mean, the eight house models for Morocco are all ready for the deliberation with the king?" Prince Aaki seemed pleasantly and genuinely surprised.

      "Yes, your highness, all eight are ready, in fact I have started the ones for Romania and I already finished two, Rowan and Rosewood." The petite architect announced proudly but humbly.

       This piece of news made the young man smiled widely, "Impressive Architect Arias, great job." He even clapped his hands for her.

       The petite lady bowed slightly to acknowledge her boss' accolade. "Thank you, your highness. Just doing what's expected of me." She simply replied without truly looking at him.

       The two other man also congratulated her for a job well done. "Excellent job, mio caro. Wasting no time, I see." Vitto Altamari exclaimed giving her a tight bear hug.

      Awkwardly and carefully, her father followed suit, "congratulations nugget." He said as he patted her shoulder.

          To everyone's lovely surprise, Pippa gave her father a small smile, "thank you." She added audibly.

       This small acknowledgement turned Alfonso Arias' eyes glassy. Suddenly, he was filled with fatherly pride and gratitude. For the first time since Pippa arrived, she has concurred her father's presence in a warm way.

       Vittorio Altamari and the young royalty shared an elated look. For them, it appeared like the Arias man's patience and prayers has finally been answered.

         "I have already emailed all the slides to you, your highness, for your web meeting with the king. Now, please excuse me, there are things that still need my attention." She exited the prince's office without saying another word.

        As soon as the young woman was out of earshot, Alfonso Arias, half-yelled in happiness. "Have you seen that? My beautiful daughter hasn't just acknowledged my presence but also talked and smiled at me." He announced eyes still glassy.

        The eldest man chuckled, "My dear Fonzy, we saw and heard everything and we're so happy for you. Your patience has paid off and its working well. Pippa is clearly warming up to you." Papa Vitto stated truly thrilled for the younger adviser.

        The young monarch didn't say a word but his warm smile and cordial thump on his godfather's back said it all. He shared his godfather's elation towards the unexpected turn of events but later on, he disappeared into the hall.

Ditching the Princeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें