Two: The Mysterious Passenger

Chapter Two

The Mysterious Passenger

     Early the next morning, Pippa's two extra-large luggage were readily collected and loaded inside the black GMC.

        For the flight, the young woman chose a wide legged charcoal black pants paired with a white scooped-neck blouse and grey double-breasted blazer. To complete her power look, she opted for a black stilettos and black Prada matinee bag that belong to her mother.

        After having a hearty breakfast, the group proceeded to a smaller airport. The young woman was entirely unfamiliar with the place so she just sat in silence, enjoying the scenic view of the Moroccan countryside.

        There are five passengers in the vehicle including a middle-Eastern looking man behind the wheel, the adviser, the governess, the chef and herself.

        Behind them is another massive, intimidating vehicle. "Maybe some of our colleagues," She mused quietly.

        The hum of the engine was the only sound within earshot until Papa Vitto spoke. "Mariam, Lauren, you two have been oriented about the flight today, right?"

        Both the persons in question reply at once. "Yes, Papa Vitto."

        The Italian man nodded slightly, "Be alert and mindful at all times, okay?" He reminded them cryptically.

        He didn't wait for their response instead he turned on the man driving the SUV. "Ahmed, the head wife will be coming on the 20th and she will be using the villa at Anfa. Remind everyone to be in their best behavior."

        "Yes, Papa Vitto." The man called Ahmed answered politely.

        After half an hour of traveling, the small group reached their destination. They were automatically met by another group of uniformed men, who took their luggage and their papers. After which they were guided to the family's private jet.

It was a handsome aircraft with silver and chestnut trimmings and metallic white body. It wasn't as gigantic as the commercial airlines but it is also huge and as beasty.

"Lifestyle of the rich and famous." She commented mindlessly.

The Old Italian man who heard her words chuckled. "Not for the prince. He has to use the family jet for his privacy and security. His father forbids flying commercially because of some security threat."

Embarrassment flooded Pippa's whole demeanor, "I'm sorry, didn't mean it that way. It's just a slip of the tongue. I'm so sorry." She apologized profusely.

Again, Papa Vitto let out another chuckle. "I perfectly understood mio caro. I have the same reaction when I first boarded this thing. Although what you said is true to some of the members of the prince's family. Most of the wives don't take commercial flights. It's a big no-no for them. Same is true with the head wife's daughters."

"How many wives are there?" The young woman was unsuccessful to hold her waggling tongue.

The man in question seemed to be thinking as they were now climbing up the steps of the private jet. He didn't speak until they reached their designated seats, which are side by side. "Better to educate you a little about the family then. The king has five legal wives. In Islam it is allowed to marry multiple times as long as you can support them, love them, take care of them, give comfortable life, etcetera, etcetera."