7. Aubree's Brother

1/23

Dad and I stayed at the hotel the whole weekend. On Sunday we went to the house while we were watched over by cops. We went there to get some clothes because I had school and my dad started his new job.

My dad had also found a house that was right next to Henry's house. Well it was three houses down from his house. Anyway I got up from the hotel bed and grabbed the clothes I got from the house the other day.

It was a shirt that read 'too cool for school', with black shorts and my black converse. I put my hair into a side braid and put my Vans hat on. I grabbed some oatmeal and put it into a bowl, added water and microwaved it. While I ate it I saw my dad wake up rubbing his eyes.

"Morning dad", I smiled.

"Morning."

"When does your new job start?"

"I have to get there by 6:30", my dad said walking over to the coffee maker again.

"Okay", I got up from the table and washed my bowl. "Well I have to go to school now."

I was about to grab my bag and leave when, "Wait, Aubree let me drive you." I smiled and nodded.

My dad quickly got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. We then walked to the car and he drove me to school.

~Henry's Point of View~

I was waiting for Aubree at her locker. We haven't talked to each other since that night. She never answered my texts or calls. I hope she was okay.

I saw her walk into the school and I ran up to her.

"Aubree!" I yelled to her waving at her. I saw as she smiled so I smiled.

"Hey Henry", she said. She opened the locker and took out her math textbook.

"So why haven't you answered my calls or texts."

"I had to shut my phone off. In case the people who broke into my house knew how to track my phone. Soon I will be getting another."

"So what are they gonna do about your house?"

"My dad found a new place three houses down from yours", she smiled and then blushed a little.

"That's awesome. I mean living closer to me is awesome", I coughed.

"Yeah", she closed her locker and turned to me.

The bell rang and we all had to get to class. Aubree sat next to me and kept sliding noted to me.

Can I hang out with you today? I'm really worried and need someone to talk to.

-Bree :)

I smiled and looked over at her. I wrote back quickly and passed it back.

Of course Bree, why would I say no? The only thing is that I have to stop by the man cave first, wanna come with me or meet me after?

She read my note looked at me and smiled. She nodded then we went back to our work.

~Aubree's Point of View~

After school Henry and I walked over to Junk 'N' Stuff. I had never really been in the Man Cave, and wondered what it looked like. We reached Junk 'N' Stuff and walked in. There were so many knickknacks and crazy things I didn't know what to call. Some man with a long beard and mustache was feeding a plant.

Henry brought me to the back of the store where there was even more weird stuff. We walked into a small elevator. "You might want to hold onto something", Henry said.

"What? Why?" Just then Henry clicked the down button and we went crashing onto the bottom floor as I screamed my heart out. Was that broken or something?

"I told you to hold on to something", Henry said smirking, even though he was also screaming too.

"Like you weren't screaming too Henry", I laughed. Just then I saw someone come into the room. He had a blue baseball tee, jeans, and flip flops on. I had never seen him before. He must have been Captain Man.

That day I only saw Henry not him, so I would have no idea. "Hello", I said smiling.

"Uh, hi Aubree", he said, "I never officially introduced myself...I'm Ray."

"Okay", I smile again. Henry walks over to Ray.

"So what's up Ray?" Henry asked him.

"Someone is breaking into every house on Aubree's street", Ray said. My eyes widen.

"Why would they do that for?" I yell.

Ray and Henry turn to look at me. "I don't know why...but these people want you...dead."

I think my heart stopped working for a moment. "W-why do they want me dead?" I ask. Tears started to form in my eyes and Henry walked over to me and rubbed them off my face with his thumb.

"We think it's because of what happened when you saved us", Ray said. "I don't think they have any other reason...actually they have no reason, but still."

I thought about my brother, he sometimes got me and my dad into some trouble. For example; people wanting us dead, or kidnapping us.

"Well there might be one other reason..." I said rubbing my arm slightly. Ray got up from his chair and walked closer to me.

"What other reason would they have Aubree?" Ray asked me with his brows raised.

"Well, um...I didn't want to tell anybody this but..." I stopped for a moment. "Where I used to live...I had a brother."

"Why didn't you tell us you had a brother?" Henry asked.

"Was he a criminal? Did you leave him behind? What happened to him?" Ray asked me.

"No...he wasn't a criminal, and we didn't leave him. He died."

Both Ray and Henry looked at me like I wasn't giving them enough information, so I continued.

"My brother was a superhero", I spit out.

Ray and Henry's mouths dropped. Their eyes widened. They had a silent freak out.

"Your brother was a superhero...like me?" I nodded.

"He died helping people from a burning building. He almost made it out until the floor collapsed on him. Then he was gone. The only thing I have of his is his old mask. It had flown out of the burning building and somehow made its way over to where I was standing. I think it was a sign of something...strength, love...hope."

I began crying again but this time both Henry and Ray hugged me. I hugged them tightly and cried in Henry's shoulder...because Ray was too tall. They let go and looked at me again.

"Bree...we will help you through this. We won't let anyone kill you or even get their beefy hands on you", Henry said. I smiled a little but still had tears coming down my face.

Ray walked away into a room and came back with a box of tissues. He handed them to me. "It's okay to cry, I cry sometimes too", Ray said smiling at me.

"Thanks guys", I said. "Henry, when are we going back to your place? I asked.

"Right now", Henry said. We walked away and into the elevator, it was as fast up as it was down.

A/N*** How did you like it? I wonder why Ray/Captain Man says he cries too.

I guess you'll have to find later on. Make sure to vote and comment. I still need a name for Bree's brother.