26. I'm Back

2/18

~Aubree’s Point of View~

Ray and I have been staying with Hunter for the past two days. I don’t know why we ever trusted him, but we did anyway. Hunter never explained to us why he was all of a sudden helping us. Anytime we asked he changed the subject.

Ray and I were now able to heal. Ray was given Jolly Beetle tears, and I was given some weird syrup. It was really disgusting. I can’t even describe the taste. It took about 5 times before Hunter could actually get me to swallow it, but it worked. Ray and I were now healed.

Hunter gave us fresh clothes and shoes. He drove Ray to Junk ‘N’ Stuff and brought me to my house. Hunter pulled up to the house and I turned to look at him. I smiled and he smiled back.

“Thank you Hunter”, I say, “So…are you ever going to tell me what happened?”

He shook his head. “I’m not even completely sure what I was doing. But I know…I regret everything I did to hurt you Bree.”

“D-do you want to come in? I know dad would love to see you”, I say pointing to the house.

“I think it’s best to stay away from dad.”

“Please Hunter?” I pleaded. He sighed then took a deep breath.

“Ugh…fine, come on…let’s get this over with”, Hunter smiled.

Hunter turned the car off and we both got out of the car. We walked over to the door and I tried to open it. It was locked. I knocked…no one answered. I then rang the doorbell.

A couple minutes later dad swung the door open. His eyes were red and puffy. He was wearing a dirty gray shirt and pajama pants. His hair was dirty and sticking out everywhere. His jaw dropped at the sight of both my brother and I.

“Aubree…Hunter?” dad says. I could see tears welling up in his eyes. I smiled as Hunter scratched the back of his head.

“Hey, dad”, I smile. He smiles and brings me into a huge hug.

“Oh my, god…Aubree what happened? Are you hurt?”

“I-I’m fine…well, I am now…thanks to Hunter”, I say in his arms. Dad loosens his grip and looks over at Hunter.

“Hunter…you-you’re…alive?”

“Yes”, Hunter says nervously.

“B-but how.”

“Long story…”

“How long have you been alive?”

“Uh…forever…”

“Why didn’t you tell me, come to me?” dad slowly says. Hunter stood there silent. “You know what? I don’t care, I’m just glad my sons back.” Dad walks closer to Hunter and hugs him. Hunter was a least half a foot taller than dad.

Hunter sighs in relief and hugs him back, slightly crying. I cough a little after a while. They break their hug and smile.

“I’m so glad you’re back home”, dad says, “Come in…please.”

“Um, alright”, Hunter says and walks in.

“Well, you guys can catch up…I’m gonna change into something better and go to Henry’s”, I say as I walk up the stairs.

I walk into my room and go right to my closet. I put on an oversized sweater with a daisy on it, skinny jeans, and maroon vans. I put my hair in a loose French braid and then a beanie on top. I slid on a matching ring and walked out of my room.

Hunter and my dad were still talking. My dad was so happy, I was glad that he was. Without them noticing I walked out of the house to Henry’s house.

I knocked on his door and his mom opened it up. I looked at her confused; she had the same red eyes as my dad. “Mrs. Hart?” I say, “Is everything okay?”

“N-no”, she whimpers, “Henry has been gone for three days.” My eyes widen in shock.

“What?”

“I’m g-guessing you d-don’t know where h-he is.”

I shake my head. “I-I’ll go look for him.”

“T-thank you”, Mrs. Hart says. She closes the door as I run to the one place I know where Henry would be.

The alley near Junk ‘N’ Stuff. I run over to Junk ‘N’ Stuff and look at every alley until I find one with Henry crying into his legs. I run over to him.

“HENRY!” I yell. Henry’s head pops up. And of course his eyes are also red and puffy. “Henry! Why haven’t you been home?” I say as I sit next to him in the alley. Henry stood there frozen, not speaking. “Your mom is worried sick!”

“She only wants to know what that stupid watch was!” Henry screamed. I frowned and looked at him sincerely. I leaned my head on his shoulder and gave him a small hug.

“She really cares about you Henry…please…come with me”, I say smiling.

“Okay…” Henry sighs. He gets up and extends his hand out to me. I take it and he pulls me up. I give him one last hug and then take his hand. We then walk to his house

We walk up onto his porch and ring the doorbell. The door swings open to reveal Piper. Her face lights up to the sight of Henry…something I’ve never seen before. She jumps at him and hugs him tightly.

“Henry! We missed you!” Piper says.

I can see Mr. and Mrs. Hart through the door. They get off of the couch and run to the doorway. Mr. Hart runs to Henry and hugs him while Mrs. Hart runs to me and hugs me.

“Thank you so much Aubree”, Mrs. Hart says. She then breaks the hug and goes over to Henry to hug him.

“I love you so much Henry”, she says as she hugs.

“I-I love you too”, Henry says crying.

A/N***Short, but sweet chapter. I hope you liked it! I'll have a longer chapter up soon.

When this story gets to 10k reads, I'm going to either start a sequel, a completely different Henry Danger story, or a Jace Noram story...what do you think?
Let me know in the comments!