13. Birthday Disaster - Part 1

2/6

I woke up by jumping right out of bed! It was my birthday today. I didn't know if Henry remembered or even if anyone else knew, maybe my dad but's that's it. I wonder if Ray knew.

I went to my dresser and changed into the outfit I had picked out the day before. It was a red plaid button up, a grey tee shirt with a camera on it, light blue jeans, and my new sneakers that my dad got me for an early birthday present. I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs. I saw my dad sitting at the table with some weird cake.

"Uh...dad, what is that?" I ask him.

"Your breakfast cake", my dad says smiling.

"And what exactly is a breakfast cake?"

"It is pancakes, with maple syrup frosting", he picks it up and hands it to me.

"I don't have to eat this by myself right?" I smile and laugh.

"Of course not", he grabs two forks, "I'm gonna help you!"

I laugh as he stabs the fork into the pancakes and stuffs them into his mouth. We eat and eat as my phone buzzes on the table. I pick it up and it's a text from Henry.

Henry: I'll be over in 5 minutes

Bree: O.K. You can let yourself in.

~Henry's Point of View~

Today is Bree's birthday, and I think she thought that I forgot. But I didn't...at ALL. I really hoped she liked my present for her. It was matching cellphone cases with Mickey and Minnie. One said 'His' and the other said 'Hers'.

I changed into a red-plaid button up shirt and grey tee. I put on some jeans and my grey vans. I text Bree to tell her that I would be there in 5 minutes as I brush my hair. I run down stairs and grab my penny board. I quickly ride over to Aubree's house and walk through the door.

When I walk inside her house I see Bree and her dad stuffing pancakes into their mouths. I also notice that Bree and I are wearing the same exact outfit. I laugh with catches their attention. Aubree almost chokes on the pancakes when she sees me.

"H-henry", Bree coughs. I wave at her with a sweet smile.

"So I'm guessing we're that kind of couple now?"

Bree laughs and gets up from her seat. "Dad, I'm gonna leave now", Bree says to her dad.

"Okay, bye sweetie", her says as he eats more of the pancakes.

"Ready to go?" Bree asks me and I nod. Bree grabs her bag and her penny board and we run outside.

"Ready", I smile, "Set...GO!

Bree and I race down the street on our boards laughing. We did this everyday on our way to school. Well sometimes, the other times we were just strolling down the road on our boards holding hands.

Before we went inside I grabbed Bree's arm. "I got you something", I say as I open my backpack.

"Aw, Henry...you didn't have to get me anything", she says as she blushes. I pull out the wrapped phone case. I already had mine on my phone.

"Here", I say handing her the box. She slowly opens it and her eyes grow wide.

"Henry...this is amazing", she smiles. I pull my phone out of my back pocket and show it to Bree. "Oh my, god Henry, this is the sweetest thing ever!"

I take her phone and my phone and put them together. "I thought they were a good 'first birthday together' present."

"So now we have matching phone cases and clothing?" Bree jokes.