11. Fathers

1/30 Continued

~Henry’s Point of View~

Aubree went into the bathroom to go shower. I felt so bad; I can’t believe that Bree had to go through so much pain like that. And it was for four days straight!

Ray, Charlotte, and I went over to the couch to talk while Bree showered. “I’m glad Bree is okay”, I say.

“Yeah, me too”, Ray says. I look over at Ray annoyed.

“Why Ray?” I yell, “You’ve known her for how long…2 weeks? Why have you been so worried about her? You barely know Bree.”

Ray looked at me sincerely. I rubbed his hands and sighed. “Henry…I-I can’t tell you”, Ray said.

“Why?! Why can’t you tell me?” I look over at Charlotte. “I bed that Charlotte would like to know too.” Charlotte nods in agreement.

“I’m...” Ray pauses. “No I-I can’t.” I look back at Ray and see that his eyes became watery and his face turned red.

I felt bad for yelling even though Ray is 30 something years older than me. “Ray…just tell me…please?”

“Ray, you can tell us”, Charlotte said smiling. Ray sighed again. He looked down at his feet and opened his mouth getting ready to speak.

“I’m Aubree’s…b-biological…father”, Ray says. Both me and Charlotte’s jaw’s dropped and our eyes widened.

“What did you just say?” I ask, “I don’t think I heard you…can you repeat that?”

“Henry…” Ray looks at me.

“Oh my, god”, Charlotte says. “So how exactly are you her father?”

“Her mother…she was married and I didn’t know, so we hooked up once… She told her husband it was his child. Aubree’s mother died when she was born and she never was able to tell either of them.”

Charlotte and I were still shocked. Just then Aubree walked into the room.

“Uh, hi guys”, Bree said. “What were you guys talking about?”

Ray looks at her sincerely. “Are you gonna tell her Ray?” I ask him.

Ray shook his head and looked back down at his feet. “Tell me what?”

“Ray”, Charlotte said.

“Come on Ray…she needs to know”, I say. I look over at Bree and she is looking at us confused.

“Fine…you’re right guys”, Ray says. He pauses and looks at Aubree. “I don’t know how to say this in a good way, so I’m just gonna say it… Aubree, I’m your biological father.”

Aubree’s jaw drops. “Y-you’re what?!” she screams. “Very funny, guys.” She looks at me in a ‘is he telling the truth’ look.

“Bree, he’s telling the truth”, Charlotte and I say in unison.

Aubree starts to tear up. Charlotte and I walk over to where she was standing and hug her. No need to hug Ray or anything who might also be crying (Note the sarcasm).

Ray gets up and walks over to us. Bree looks at him. I think that she was trying to see if they had any similarities. She just stares at him with red eyes. Then after a minute or two she hugs him tightly.

~Aubree’s Point of View~

I hug Ray tightly. I let go when I started to think about my brother, Hunter.

“What about Hunter?” I ask him even though my question made no sense.

“Who?” everyone said in unison.

“Oh yeah…I never called him by his real name”, I say, “Hunter was my brother…the one that died…the superhero. I thought I got everything from him.”

Ray looks me in the eyes. “Well you could’ve learned some things from him, but you were probably born like that.” I don’t know why I believed all of this. I never even got a good explanation from them. “We should probably bring you back to your house Aubree, your dad is probably worried sick”, Ray says.

“But he’s not my dad”, I say.

“Yes…but he still cares for you. Aubree…he doesn’t even know.”

“Okay”, I say. Ray and Henry bring me home while Charlotte walked to her house.

When I got to my house Ray pulled up and I got out of the car. I waved goodbye and walked into the house. My dad was sleeping on the couch. I walk over to him and whisper ‘dad’. He instantly jumps up from his sleep and looks at me.

I was still covered in cuts and bruises all over me. My dad started to cry. “Aubree?” my dad asked. I smiled. He smiled back and pulled me into a tight hug (tighter than the one I gave Ray). “I missed you so much!”

I pat his back. “I know”, I say.

He lets go and looks into my eyes again than at my body. “What happened, Bree?”

“I was kidnapped”, I say. “They sort of tortured me every day by cutting me until I fainted.” I faintly smile.

“Oh my, god! That’s terrible! How did you escape?”

“Captain Man and Kid Danger.”

He puts his hands on my face and rubs his thumb. “I’m so glad you’re okay.”

“I wouldn’t say okay”, I say as I lift my shirt to show my stomach. Dad gasps as he read the ‘YOU ARE NEXT’ carved into my skin.

He starts to cry even harder. He feels the slightly bleeding cuts as I wince in pain. “I’m so sorry this happened to you Aubree.”

“Its fine”, I say. “I’m just really tired. I’m gonna go to sleep.” I yawn.

“You’re right”, dad says. “Have a goodnight sleep…okay?” I nod and smile. Dad kisses my cheek and gives me one last hug. When he lets go I walk upstairs into my room and close the door.

I turned on my lights to see Henry sitting on my bed. I almost screamed but was able to hold it back. “Henry?” I ask as I walk over to the bed to sit next to him. “What are you doing here?”

“Since you’re Ray’s daughter, I knew that we could never happen”, Henry says. I was confused. “So before Ray starts to get all over protective of you for no reason, I just wanted one last kiss.”

“But Hen-” I was cut off by Henry crashing his lips against mine. I was shocked at first but then kissed back. I think we kissed for 3 minutes at least. I broke the kiss and smiled. “Henry…Ray can’t do anything, I won’t let him.”

Henry smiles and kisses me again. When we were finally done, Henry jumped out my window and ran away. I just sat at my window and thought about Henry…and Ray…and everything that happened today.

I finally got up after about 20 minutes and got dressed into a matching pajama shorts set. They had Olaf on them. I got into bed and went to bed pretty quickly.

A/N*** AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! So Ray’s her biological father, her mother is a cheater, and Henry totally made out with her! Yay!