35.

4/6 continued

"What the heck is Mighty Med?" I ask Hunter.

"It's a superhero hospital hidden in a hospital. All the doctors are superheroes...well, except for two of them. They are actually my favorite doctors there. And their motto is 'saving the people that save people'", Hunter says.

"Wait...they have one of those? Why didn't anyone ever tell me that?" Ray says.

"I was there for the period of time that you and dad thought I was dead..." Hunter sighs, "It's also the reason I was evil for a while."

"Wait what?!"

"It's no big deal...anymore! I swear!"

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?"

"I don't know. But they people there were able to track me down and take my 'infected' powers back again", Hunter says, "Anyway, we need to get there so we can ask for some help!"

"Okay. Grab your costume!" I say.

"Aubree, I'm not helping, I'm just getting you the help. Plus I don't have one anymore."

"Whatever, we need to get there before anyone else is killed", Ray says interrupting us. We nod and run to the Man Van.

"So, this hospital for superheroes is hidden in an actual hospital", Ray asks as we drive there.

"Yeah, Aubree and I lived really close to it. She actually was born at the hospital", Hunter says. Ray and I look at him weirdly. "The actual hospital, not the superhero one."

"Oh, okay", I say and sit back in my seat, and then I jump up. "Wait, why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because of my past there. I shouldn't be going there guys, but I'm doing this for you."

"Are you ever going to tell us what really happened there?" I ask.

Hunter shakes his head no and it becomes awkwardly quiet. I hated the silence. I swear I heard a fly fart. I decided to break the silence. I scream at the top of my lungs. That really hurt. I could feel my body vibrate from the scream. Ray and Hunter jump and Hunter starts pulling over. When the car stops they both look back at me as I smile.

"What the HELL WAS THAT?!" Ray and Hunter yell in unison.

"It was too quiet", I say with my plastered on smile.

"SERIOUSLY AUBREE?" Hunter yells/grunts. He then sighs and turns the car back on.

We arrive at the hospital and as we are about to get out of the car Hunter stops us. "What?" I ask.

"Change back into your clothes. Don't forget this is a human hospital. People will notice superheroes walking into a supply closet", Hunter says.

"Oh, right", Ray says.

We hide in the van and quickly change out of our costumes. Ray and I follow Hunter into the hospital and we walk into a closet which we were quite squished in there. Hunter pulls on a plunger like a lever and a hologram type puzzle shows up. Hunter solves it and the door slides open.

As we walk in there are more and more superheroes surrounding us. Then they notice Hunter. Everyone becomes quiet...but then...they notice Ray and I. We look like normal people to them, or what Hunter called it 'normos'. I heard someone whisper "There are normos here, Hunter brought normos here."

A tall man in a lab coat walks over to us and gives Hunter a concerned look. "Hunter, what are you doing here...also, what are you doing here with normos?"