28

The temporary destination was clear. What am I going to do after going there? Well, I might have an idea. 

The panting had stopped a little, and I was starting to breathe more normally. I looked at the dock, the same dock I hadn't seen in years. It's not that clear though because of how far I'm from it.

So I did the one thing I'm capable of doing. I ran. As fast as my feet could take me, ignoring the need to breathe and my throbbing calves. I just ran.

The more I ran the farther my destination was. My eyesight being overcome by tears, my knees close to giving out, and the river beside me peacefully flowing. 

'Why are you sad? Aren't you happy that I'm finally going to live more happily?'

Why did he have to appear now? I gave him everything in the world only to be left alone in the dust, broken into a million pieces that can't be fixed again. 

After what seemed like hours I reached the dock. The painful landscape spread out in front of me. The same plank of wood and even the same bloodstain from 10 years ago.

At the sight of the stain my mind became blank. 

'It's my fault.'

'Why am I so FUCKING USELESS!?!'

'If only I paid more attention.'

'If only I accepted his confession,'

'Would he be standing here?' 

'Would I be happy because I won't have all this baggage?'

'Oh, who am I kidding. It would all still be the same.'

I mindlessly walked to the front of the dock, I sat down with my legs hanging over the ledge.

'Back to the same place on the same day after 7 years,' I sighed at the thought.