Hey, Darlin'

Random fact: I've been in two (2) relationships that were toxic in some way (first a she/they then a he/him), now I'm afraid of being in another relationship but also I really want one 🙃

This chapter is an AU where you can feel your soulmates pain

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Harley Keener sat at the dining table in his house in Tenessee, eating a bowl of Cheerios. He yawned, his eyelids drooping from not being able to sleep. His soulmate, whoever he was, had gotten stabbed recently. Harley felt both concern and annoyance for his soulmate, since he had to feel the pain too.

He sighed, swirling his spoon in the milk left in the bottom. Hopefully, he would meet his soulmate soon. Harley knew the chances of that were slim, since there were no stabbings or assaults near his town lately. Just then, his mother walked in, sitting down across from him.

"How you doin'? Know who your soulmate is yet?" She wondered. Harley frowned, glancing up to meet her eyes.

"No. I don't know who he could be," he sighed. His mother gave him a sympathetic smile, nodding.

"You'll find him, honey, don't worry." She reached into her pocket, a secretive grin on her face. "Here's something to cheer you up." She handed Harley an envelope. "Your friend sent you a plane ticket to New York City. It's one way, so you can decide when you come back."

"The Old Man sent me a plane ticket?" He said quietly, in disbelief.

"And you're welcome to go. Who knows, maybe your soulmate lives in the big city!" Harley stared at the ticket, nodding slowly.

"Yeah, maybe," he murmured, still in shock.

"Why don't you go pack your bag, ok? That ticket is for tonight."

"Yeah, I'll g-" Harley froze mid-sentence, eyes bugging out of his head. His spoon fell into the bowl, splashing milk up at his face. His mother frowned, watching her son's hands fly to his stomach. "Holy shit."

"Harley? What happened?" The blond-haired boy shook his head, eyes watering.

"I think my soulmate just got shot."

~

Peter groaned, webbing up the criminal. It should've been an easy job, just your run of the mill bank robber. But Peter got messy, and his spider sense was going haywire from the alarms. The bullet went right into his abdomen, lodging itself painfully into Peter's guts.

The spider-themed hero sluggishly swung back to Avengers Tower, blood dripping lazily from his bullet wound. He stumbled in through a window, skin pale and fingers cold. Peter grabbed a towel, holding it over the wound as he ran to the med bay. As much as he hated it there, he wouldn't be able to fix this himself. He collapsed onto a cot, vision blurred with tears. The last thing Peter saw before he passed out was a panicked Bruce running toward him.

~

Harley sat in his first class seat on the plane, leg bouncing with nerves and anticipation. Why would Tony want to see him again, after all these years? And why now? The southern boy frowned, staring out the window at the clouds below them as yee yee music played through his earbuds.

He wasn't in pain anymore, which means his soulmate was either dead or asleep. There was no way of knowing, but Harley had a feeling that this boy, whoever he was, was still hanging on to life. Lost in his thoughts, Harley barely heard the announcement that the plane was about to land.

Once he had gotten off the plane, claimed his luggage and left the airport, Harley hailed a cab.

"Stark Industries, please," he requested, grabbing a pair of sunglasses from his bag. He rested his arm on the open window, posing as his hair ruffled in the wind. When the taxi arrived outside the tall building, Harley looked up in awe. He paid the driver, gaping at the sheer size of the tower. A smug looking Tony came outside to greet him, guiding the blond into the tower.

"Kid," he nodded.

"Old Man," Harley nodded in return, a grin on his features.

"Well, let's not just stand here all day, not when there's a tour to be given!" The two of them got into the elevator, Tony chattering on about the tower and everyone who lives there. "There's someone I think you should meet, he's around your age." Harley perked up at this.

"Oh, that's cool," he said nonchalantly. Inside, however, Harley was suffering from Gay Panic™.

"Follow me." The billionaire led him to a door, labeled "Med Bay." Harley frowned, quietly entering the room. Passed out on the bed was the cutest boy he had ever seen, even though he looked sickly and pale at the moment. He had curly brown hair, and Harley felt the urge to run his fingers through it.

"What happened to him?" He asked quietly, eyes fixated on the boy. Tony sighed, shaking his head.

"Maybe you should ask him when he wakes up. Bruce over there, you may know him as the Hulk, said he should be waking up soon." Harley nodded, glancing up at Bruce before returning his gaze to the strange boy. He saw him twitch, then heard a soft groan as the boy shoved his face into the pillow.

"Wh't h'ppened?" The boy opened his eyes to reveal two innocent brown doe eyes, melting Harley's heart almost immediately.

"You were shot, buddy," Tony explained.

"Oh," the brunette boy mumbled. Harley's head whipped around, eyes wide.

"Wait, what?! Where was he shot?"

"The left side of his abdomen," Bruce answered from across the room. Harley gaped at the boy. He pinched his arm, watching for a reaction.

"Ow," the boy frowned, rubbing his arm. Harley gasped, walking closer to the cot. The boy was looking more aware, and his doe eyes watched the southern boy as he approached the bed.

"Hey, darlin', what's your name?"

"Peter," the boy responded, squinting at Harley.

"Well, Peter, I think we might be soulmates," he said with a grin. "I'm Harley, Harley Keener."

Part 2 next!

Requests?