Meltdown

request by kitkattothemaxhxhch2 

Random fact: I took a psychology class and it was really cool, if you ever get the opportunity its totally worth it!

***I don't mean to offend anybody with this, it's based on research done online. I don't know what it's like, I'm doing my best to make this realistic but I could never capture it perfectly. I hope nobody gets offended bc I truly don't mean to hurt anyone***

TW: meltdown, author who is trying their best but really does not know things

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Hey darlin'," Harley greeted, walking into Peter's room. The brunette was sitting on his bed, messing with a rubix cube. He looked up with a smile, waving.

"Hi!" Harley sat on the bed, watching as his boyfriend focused on his puzzle.

"You wanna take a break from your rubix cube? I really miss the feeling of your lips on mine," Harley suggested, frowning when Peter shook his head.

"No, I need to finish this first," he answered simply, not taking his eyes off the cube. The blond sighed, getting frustrated.

"But darlin', I'm going to the lab with Tony in an hour. The rubix cube isn't going anywhere," he pointed out.

"No, I need to finish," the smaller boy insisted. Harley sat, pouting while Peter twisted the rows of color until they all matched up with a satisfying click. "Ok, I'm done." He set the cube down, looking at Harley with his big brown doe eyes. The southern boy was upset that Peter had made him second priority to a puzzle, but he still wanted to cuddle with his boyfriend.

"C'mere, baby." Harley beckoned, the smaller boy climbing across the bed and sitting in his lap.

"Hi." The blond kissed Peter, both of them feeling that light flutter of butterflies in their stomach. They separated with a sigh, the brunette turning so that he was lying on top of Harley. The southern boy kissed the top of Peter's head, placing a gentle hand in his hair. Peter frowned, flinching softly.

"I missed you, darlin'," Harley murmured, moving his hands through the brunette's hair and down to his ears. If the smaller boy wasn't on edge before, he certainly was now.

"No, no more!" Peter exclaimed, pushing Harley away and moving to the other side of the bed. He covered his ears with his hands, rocking back and forth quickly. "No, no, no, no!" The blond felt hurt and confused. Why was Peter acting like this?

"Darlin', what-"

"No! No no no!" There was an edge to the smaller boy's voice, he sounded panicky. Harley watched with horror as the brunette started smacking his forehead with his palm repeatedly, mumbling "no" over and over again.

"Peter! Stop!" Harley cried, afraid to intervene. Peter let out a yell, crying as he hit himself over and over. Fearful, he turned to FRIDAY for help.

"It appears that Mister Parker is experiencing a meltdown. They are fairly common for people with autism." Harley frowned, eyebrows furrowed. But Peter didn't have autism... did he? It seemed like an awful big thing to keep from him, which hurt the southern boy. But he needed to help his boyfriend first.

"Peter, darlin'," Harley whispered, knowing the smaller boy could hear him. The yelling stopped, although Peter was still hitting himself and crying, while rocking back and forth. "FRIDAY?"

"I recommend sensory distractions. There is a weighted blanket in the closet, and Mister Parker keeps noise-canceling headphones in the top dresser drawer. Give him a pillow to hit instead of his head, and refrain from contact until he gives permission." Harley nodded, quickly getting a pillow to the brunette before going to collect the weighted blanket.

"Hey, I'm going to put this on you, ok?" He warned, wrapping the blanket over Peter's shoulders. Slowly, he stopped hitting, instead wrapping himself around the pillow and crying. "Peter? Darlin'?" The smaller boy looked up, looking at Harley's chest. He mumbled something incoherent, shaking his head quickly.

"Oh, wait." The blond grabbed the noise-canceling headphones, slowly putting them over Peter's ears. The brunette visibly relaxed, cuddling with the pillow and blanket. Harley moved closer, touching Peter's fingers gently. The smaller boy grabbed his hand, holding it tightly.

The blond smiled softly, sighing with relief. Peter lifted up the corner of the blanket, inviting Harley in. The southern boy gladly accepted, spooning the smaller boy as he kept his grip on the pillow. Peter closed his eyes, breathing deeply.

"I know you probably can't hear me, but," Harley sighed. "I really just wish you had told me. I wouldn't of thought of you any different. I'm not mad at you or anything, I just- I wish you had trusted me enough to tell me."

"... I'm sorry," Peter mumbled, startling Harley.

"You can hear me through the headphones?" Peter nodded.

"Super senses." His voice was quieter than normal, and he refused to turn and face Harley.

"Why didn't you tell me?" The blond questioned.

"I was afraid you wouldn't like me anymore." Harley frowned.

"That could never happen, darlin'. I promise. I'll love you forever and ever, no matter what," Harley stated proudly. Peter smiled softly, closing his eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered, snuggling into Harley's side sleepily.

"No problem, darlin'. I love you."

"I love you too."

I picked ears cause my ears are overly sensitive to touch, but honestly idk if that's a normal thing... oh well, it works

Requests?