Hanahaki Disease pt 2

Request by L120250140 

I literally wrote this so fast whoo

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Bruce ran into the living room, bringing a slight sense of panic and unease to the room. Tony, Clint, and Steve were in there, while Nat was... who knows where. Tony glanced over at the doctor, frowning.

"Woah, what happened to you?" Bruce came down into the room, standing in front of all three of them.

"I was doing some research on Hanahaki disease, and..." he took a short breath, biting his lip. "It could be deadly." Now he had the attention of everyone in the room.

"Wait, what do you mean, 'deadly?' I thought it was just a weird love sickness?" Tony chuckled nervously. Bruce shook his head.

"Yes, technically it's caused by one-sided love. If it goes on long enough, he could choke to death on the flowers... and his own blood." Clint covered his mouth in shock, while Tony and Steve put their heads in their hands.

"Ok, ok... so what can we do?"

"Um... well, either we find out who is causing this, and see if they have the same feelings for Peter..." Bruce paused, grimacing. "Or there's a surgery." The three other men visibly relaxed.

"Oh, so you could just... remove the flowers?" Clint questioned. Bruce shook his head.

"Not exactly. Removing the flowers would also remove Peter's feelings towards the person, and possibly memories or his ability to love... it's very risky," he explained. Tony's shoulders sagged, a look of defeated desperation on his face.

"We should talk to him first, see what he wants to do... and tell him we know," he suggested. "It's for his own good. It- it could save his life..." Bruce nodded solemnly. "Shall we?"

~

Peter grinned, chest light and strangely airy. He hadn't felt this good since... oh he couldn't even remember. It had been so long. He glanced over at Harley, feeling warm and fuzzy inside, a feeling that made him so happy he wanted to shout it to the world. The southern boy yawned, blinking lazily as he looked at Peter.

"Mhm, hey darlin', how ya doin'?" he wondered, pulling Peter closer to his chest so they could snuggle.

"So much better," he replied, humming softly. "It feels like I'm really breathing for the first time... it's free and light and perfect." Harley grinned, gently kissing the top of Peter's head.

"God, I know it's early... like, really early... but I really do love you. I just wish you had told me earlier, it could've spared you so much pain," he mused. Peter nodded.

"Yeah... I guess I was just scared you wouldn't like me, and that would hurt so much more..." Peter sighed. "But I love you too. And I'm really glad I'm not coughing up flowers anymore," he grimaced. The blond chuckled softly, hugging Peter tight.

"Me too," he agreed. Harley let go of the smaller boy, getting out of bed. "I think I'll take a shower, if you don't mind."

"Oh, yeah, that's fine." Harley got in the shower, closing the bathroom door. Peter was left in bed, half asleep and in a total state of bliss.

That is, until Bruce, Tony, Clint, and Steve barged in, eyes hard and determined.

"Peter. We know." The brunette was on alert immediately, eyes darting to the bathroom door every so often.

"Wha... what? What do you know?" He asked nervously.

"That you're sick." Peter's eyes widened, scooting back into the wall defensively.

"Wait, wait, please..."

"No, Peter, this has to be addressed," Steve insisted. Tony nodded.

"He's right. You know how bad this is for you? Are you even thinking about your future?" Bruce stepped in, eyes softer.

"Why didn't you say anything to us? We could've gotten you help sooner," he frowned. Peter shook his head wildly.

"No, I- I don't need help. I'm fine!"

"Peter. This is for your own good. Now, we have some options laid out for you, and you have to pick one of them, ok? It's for the best." Peter was terrified out of his mind, gripping the sheets tightly.

"Ok, first option, you confront the person you have feelings for, and see if they like you back," Tony explained. Peter frowned, now confused.

"... What?"

"Option two, surgery. But it will also remove your feelings toward that person, and possibly your ability to love," Bruce stated grimly. "But it's your decision." Peter just stared, completely lost. Luckily enough for him, Harley walked out of the shower at that very moment, stopping for a moment to look at the Avengers in the room before climbing back into bed beside Peter.

"What's going on, darlin'?" He questioned, kissing Peter's forehead and pulling the brunette into his side protectively.

"Wait... what?" Tony frowned. "What's going on here?"

"I don't know! I don't even know what you guys were trying to lecture me about!" Peter exclaimed.

"But- we thought-" Steve sputtered.

"Hanahaki disease...?" Bruce stated, although it came out as more of a question. The realization dawned on Peter all at once.

"Oh..." he mumbled. "You knew?"

"Yeah, but..." Bruce tilted his head. "It seems like you were able to handle it yourself?" He gestured at the pair, cuddled up together. Peter blushed, nodding.

"Yeah..."

"Damn it!" Tony yelled, catching everyone's attention and causing Peter to shrink back into Harley. "I was wrong!"

"Wait, so... who gets the vacation?" Steve wondered.

"Well, I mean, I was the closest..." Clint shrugged.

"What?" Bruce frowned. "Did you guys bet on who it was?" Tony, Clint, and Steve looked sheepish. "And none of you said Harley? Seriously? Honestly, that makes the most sense to me."

"Ok, whatever. But who gets the vacation?" Steve asked again. Harley glanced at Peter, still hiding in his side.

"Maybe you should give it to us, since you pretty much terrified Peter here," he pointed out. Tony crossed his arms, sighing.

"No, absolutely not. I know what happens when two teenagers are alone, no way," he shook his head. "Nobody gets the vacation, but... I suppose we could allow you some privacy..." Bruce nodded, encouraging everyone to leave the room.

"Have fun, you two. Oh, and..." The doctor looked a little embarrassed, smiling sheepishly. "Use protection."

thats an ending

Also idk if I've ever advertised this but... a few years ago I wrote this book called "The Pain of Existing," its hella dramatic and full of my middle school teen angst, its triggering and honestly idk but y'all might like it so...

Requests?