Orphan

Request by lovlymadain

Random fact: I play the guitar, I'm not great but I haven't been playing for very long. The first song I learned was Sweater Weather, and I can play and sing along pretty well 😅

TW: mentions of abuse

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Everyone knew the name Harley Keener. The 16 year-old genius was the world's youngest self-made billionaire, with his inventions that helped the world thrive. Harley lived in New York City, in the heart of Manhattan. His building towered over the city, reminding everyone of who lived there. His ego wasn't big enough to put his name on the side of the tower, and the young billionaire was actually quite humble for someone of his standing. Girls loved him, his dirty blond hair and clear blue eyes made them all swoon. But Harley preferred... well, not girls, that's for sure.

Peter Parker. Orphaned at age 8, after his last remaining family died in a car crash. He was nearly 16 now, with a near genius IQ and his "home" at the orphanage, where he was beaten and abused by the Administrator who ran the home. Peter longed for the day he turned 18, granting him the freedom to live in a real home. He still had a few years to go, being as he was turning 16 next week, but the brunette had hope. He just had to lay low until he could escape this dreadful place.

Peter was walking home from school, as he did everyday. He kept his head down, trying to get back to the orphanage quickly so he didn't get beaten for being late. He walked with his hands curled up in the pockets of his threadbare hoodie, shivering at the crisp autumn air that felt like it was blowing right through him. Peter groaned, walking faster. Not watching where he was going, the orphan ran into somebody.

"Hey, watch it!" the man yelled, turning around. Peter's eyes went wide when he saw who it was. Harley Keener, billionaire inventor and teen heartthrob, was standing before him. The brunette felt butterflies in his stomach, gaping at the handsome boy he had run into. His poor little bi heart beat quickly, staring into those beautiful blue eyes.

"U-um, s-sorry, I uh... sorry," Peter stumbled over his words anxiously, talking way too fast. Harley chuckled, looking him up and down and frowning.

"Hey, darlin', how about you come with me, hmm?" Peter felt his eyes bulge as he stared in disbelief. He nodded silently, letting the billionaire take his hand and lead him down the street into a small bagel shop. "What do you want? Pick out anything, I'm buying." Peter shook his head, refusing.

"I'm not hungry, thanks though." Harley frowned, staring curiously at the brunette.

"Darlin', you look like you haven't eaten in days." The blue eyed boy raised an eyebrow. Peter grimaced, knowing Harley's exaggerated remark wasn't too far off from the truth. "You're practically just skin and bones. Just let me buy you a bagel."

"I don't want one, and I need to go." Peter glanced at the clock in the small shop. 2:54. He would never make it back to the orphanage in time. Harley seemed to hesitate for a moment, before sighing. He took a pen and scribbled something on a piece of paper, folding it and handing it to Peter.

"You can go, but you should text me sometime, cutie," the billionaire winked, grinning as he left the bagel shop. The second Harley was out of view, Peter made a mad dash out the door, running down the city streets as fast as he could. He barreled in through the door, breathing uneasily. The clock on the wall read 3:06. Peter heard footsteps approach him from behind, his blood running cold. He gulped, squeezing his eyes closed in fear.

"You're late." Peter started rambling fearfully, voice trembling.

"I-I'm so sorry, pl-please, I-"

"You know what happens when you're late." Peter hung his head, feeling the familiar steely grip on his shoulder as he was brought to The Room. The door was closed and locked behind him, the Administrator's icy cold stare making Peter shiver with fear. He knew what happened in The Room, he had been in there before. It didn't make the experience any less terrifying, however, when It began.

Peter was in The Room for nearly an hour, eventually being shoved out the door bleeding, bruised, and broken. The brunette limped dejectedly to the bedroom he shared with 7 other boys, ranging in ages from 6 to 17. Peter was the third oldest, and the receiver of the majority of beatings. His school was on the other side of town, and he didn't have friends to drive him or money to buy a ride, so he was often late.

Peter collapsed into his bottom bunk with a whimper, staining the thin sheets with blood. He was pretty sure three of his fingers were broken, along with deep lacerations on his back and sides. His ankle was swollen, turning a deep purple color, to match his black eye. Peter was badly beaten up, but there was no medical supplies, and none of the other boys would help him in fear of receiving a similar punishment. The brunette took off his thin hoodie, shivering at the unheated air hitting his bruised skin. Exhausted, Peter climbed under his sheet and fell into an uneasy sleep.

~

Harley paced back and forth in his room, staring at his phone expectantly. Once the clock struck midnight, he tossed it at his bed angrily. He had been such an idiot, thinking that some random kid he met in the street would actually call him. Harley threw himself at the plush mattress, sinking into the memory foam. He stared up at the ceiling, lost in his thoughts.

The next morning, Harley checked his phone hopefully, scrolling through all his notifications. Nothing. Yesterday's anger had diminished, turning to disappointment instead. Harley frowned, wondering why he was so tied up with trying to find this boy he didn't even know the name of. Shooting upright, the billionaire raced to his lab, determined to find him, no matter what. After an hour and a half, Harley grinned brightly, staring at the profile on the screen.

"Peter Parker."

Part 2 next!

Requests?