Wheelchair pt 2

Part 2 request by OreoMilkShake360 and caspergroen 

It took a hot minute but here's part 2 :)

Oh look 100

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

It had been about a week since the incident at school, and luckily enough Flash had left Peter alone for the rest of the week (which, between Harley's protectiveness and the personal threats from a handful of Avengers, made sense). Peter was still stuck in a wheelchair, spending an hour of each day in physical therapy with Bruce. They were both mostly silent during the sessions, Peter was clearly uncomfortable and frustrated and Bruce didn't want to aggravate the boy.

Harley was usually by Peter's side, except for the physical therapy and when they had different classes at school. Otherwise, they were always together, from the moment they woke up in the morning to the moment they fell asleep later in the day.

It was through this closeness, in fact, that Harley discovered Peter twitching in his sleep. At first, he just assumed that it was only Peter's arms that were twitching, but movement came from far underneath the covers as well.

"Peter. Darlin', wake up!" Harley whisper yelled, shaking the boy gently. Peter groaned, blinking slowly.

"Wha'?" He mumbled sleepily, yawning and rubbing his eyes. "Harls...?"

"You were twitching in your sleep," Harley murmured, eyes wide and determined. "Your legs twitched too."

"Legs..." Peter echoed, brain foggy with sleep. "Mhm. Legs." He turned his back to Harley, snuggling back under the blankets.

"Your legs are paralyzed..." The brunette stiffened, rolling back to face Harley. He was much more awake now.

"Shit, yeah..." He frowned, glancing at the blanket. "They moved? Really?"

"I think so... here, let's try to get you up." Harley climbed out of bed quickly, heading over to Peter's side. "Alright, let's sit up first... here, take my hand." Harley pulled Peter up to a sitting position, holding his hand for balance.

"You sure about this? What if I fall?" The smaller boy questioned nervously, biting his lip.

"It's ok. I'm here, I won't let you fall, alright? Just try to move your legs," Harley encouraged. Peter stared at his legs, focusing really hard on trying to move them. He let out a loud sigh, shoulders slumping.

"I can't..."

"No, don't think like that. Look- hey, look at me- you're the strongest person I know." Peter shrugged, turning away.

"Spiderman is strong. I'm just regular old Peter Parker," he sighed, frowning.

"And 'regular old Peter' is so strong. A lot stronger than he realizes." Peter looked up, unsure. "He's been through a lot. And he's always come out the other end stronger." Peter tilted his head. "Through every struggle, you've always figured out a way to make it work. Why should this be any different?"

"I wasn't paralyzed from the waist down before," he muttered. Harley put his hands on Peter's shoulders, leaning down to match his height.

"So? It's only temporary, you know that. And," Harley grinned. "This time you have me. And I'm not ever going to give up on you." Peter rolled his eyes.

"Ok, ok, stop it with the encouragement speech. Help me up," he smiled slightly, shaking his head. Harley gladly took Peter's hands, pulling him up to a standing position. The brunette quickly fell onto Harley, leaning against him heavily. The southern boy was patient, holding him tightly so he wouldn't fall.

"It's ok, just try to get some movement into your legs. Maybe aim for wiggling your toes first?" Peter nodded, wrapping his arms around Harley before looking down at his feet. They were bare, because wearing socks to bed is the Worst Experience Ever™. He concentrated on trying to feel how his legs were, and tried wiggling his toes. Much to his surprise, they curled a bit, and Peter felt it.

"Oh, oh!" He looked up at Harley, eyes wide and smile spreading across his face. "Did you see? I did it, I wiggled my toes!" He wiggled them again, letting out an excited squeal. "I did it again! Oh, what else do you think I can do?"

"Ok, calm down, you don't want to get overconfident." Peter nodded, eyes wide and focused. "You wanna try standing? I'll hold you up, but maybe you can try to have your legs stand straight?"

"Yeah, yeah... let's try that." Harley supported Peter's weight while the smaller boy slowly dragged his legs into place. It looked like he was standing, and he was... just with some assistance.

"You're doing so well, darlin'," Harley praised, kissing Peter's cheek. He set the brunette down on the side of the bed, smiling. "See? You did a lot there. And soon enough, you'll be walking again!" Peter swallowed thickly, nodding. He hated being incapacitated...

"Yeah..." he yawned, stretching his arms. "Mhm. Imma... Imma go back to sleep, for now." He laid down, closing his eyes. That had been so exhausting... he needed to rest.

"Alright, darlin'." Harley got back in bed, switching the light off and turning on his side to spoon with Peter. The smaller boy frowned. He could feel Harley up against his back, but his legs just felt... static. Which was better than completely numb, but he could barely feel how his legs tangled with Harley's. Sighing, he accepted the strange sensation, drifting into a peaceful sleep.

~

In the morning, Peter noticed how cold his back felt- Harley had gotten up already. Groaning, he sat up, yawning and stretching slowly. He stood up- wait.

"HARLEY!" Peter screamed, eyes wide. The southern boy came running, freezing in the doorway.

"Oh... oh my god, you- you're standing!" Harley exclaimed, walking up to the smaller boy. He held his hand up, as if he was afraid to touch Peter. "Bruce. We need to get Bruce. FRIDAY?"

"Master Bruce has already been alerted, sir." Harley nodded once, staring at Peter as if he would fall apart at any moment. Bruce came running just as Harley had, heading straight for the two of them.

"Ok, Peter, will you take a few steps for me? Harley and I are here to catch you if you fall," Bruce reassured. Taking a deep breath, Peter stepped forward stiffly, legs shaky, yet solid enough to hold him up. "Good, good. Alright, PT will be right after you eat breakfast, for now... you can either use the wheelchair or have Harley help you walk to the kitchen, your choice." Bruce left quickly, heading down the hall to what Peter assumed would be the med bay.

"Harls..." He grinned, eyes wide and begging. "Help me?" Harley smiled, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, c'mere." He wrapped an arm around Peter's back, supporting him as he walked to the kitchen slowly. The reaction they got was incredible, everyone in the kitchen had been amazed and shocked to see Peter up and walking again. It was nice, and it also meant that the wheelchair would go back into storage, hopefully never to be seen again. It was the end of the horrible waiting game they had all been playing for the past week or so.

Harley grinned, kissing the top of Peter's head. He leaned his head down near the brunette's ear, whispering:

"I'm so proud of you, darlin'."

me, writing this: i want this so badly- well maybe not the paralyzed part- but I WANT IT

Requests?