What Happens in Vegas...

request by lenx_lucky

sorry i like never update lmao my bad

honestly this one is kinda chaotic

TW/CW: drinking/drunkenness, homophobia (f-slur), kissing

3rd Person P.O.V.

Harley walked into a casino, taking a seat at the crowded bar. He ordered a whiskey, taking a slow sip first before downing the rest of it in one big gulp.

The alcohol burned, but Harley didn't really care. He quickly ordered another, breathing slowly out his nose.

It had been a rough night. The blond had saved up money to bring his girlfriend to Las Vegas, only to find out she had been cheating on him for months now. He decided to still take the trip, to take his mind off of everything and just have a good time. He had already bought the tickets anyway.

"Another," Harley mumbled, twirling his finger lazily. The bartender squinted at him, but passed over his third whiskey of the night.

"You better slow down, sir, or I'll have to cut you off," the bartender warned. Harley nodded, waving it off. He sipped the alcohol slowly, lost in his own world.

"Hi, could I have a Metropolitan please?" Harley picked his head up slowly, noticing that a boy had sat down next to him.

"ID?" The boy showed his licsense, and the bartender rolled his eyes. He started mixing the drink for the boy, but looking annoyed.

"Get a real drink next time, yeah? Not this gay-ass shit," he spat, shoving the drink across the bar. Harley, in his half-drunk state, stood up, slamming his hands down on the table.

"Hey mannn... not cool." He pointed an accusing finger at the bartender, who scoffed in return.

"Whatever. I don't need any business from homos." Harley let out a soft huff, grabbing the boy's hand and dragging him away.

"Hey! You f@gs can't leave without paying your tab!" Harley stomped back, tossing some loose change on the bar surface, and stormed out, the boy in tow.

"Um..." The boy looked uncomfortable, drink still in hand. "Thanks for sticking up for me and all, but I can handle myself." He tugged his wrist out of Harley's grip, taking a sip from his drink.

"What he said... wasn't coolll." The blond leaned to the side a bit, a bit tispy.

"Mhm," the boy hummed, downing the rest of his Metropolitan in one big gulp. "I'm Peter, by the way. I've never been to Vegas before, and so far it's been less than great," he muttered.

"I'm Harley. Also my first time in Vegas. S'posed to be a trip with my girlfriend, but I'm here by myself." He hadn't meant to share so much, but the alcohol in his system was making him loose-lipped.

"Oh... what happened?"

"She cheated. For months," Harley said bitterly. Letting out a sigh, his gaze settled on Peter, seeing him clearly for the first time. He had slightly curly, fluffy brown hair, deep brown eyes that reminded him of a baby doe, and a short stature. Suddenly, it made a lot of sense that Peter had been carded at the bar.

"You're pretty." Harley couldn't help himself. It just slipped out. Peter blushed, eyes widening.

"Oh, um... thank you..." Peter glanced up, meeting Harley's gaze. "You're not too bad looking yourself, Harley."