Appendicitis

request by siskayosh

hi yes hello

sorry for absence

am back

TW/CW: sickness, throwing up, brief mention of gunshot wounds, collapsing/fainting, surgery with minimal pain meds, getting high/loopy off pain meds

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Peter!" Harley sang, walking into their shared room. It was past noon, but the brunette hadn't left their bed yet. Harley figured it was a slow day, so he wanted to try and cheer Peter up. "Darlin', I know you don't want to, but will you please get up? You'll feel better if you eat something." Peter curled further into himself, groaning.

"Harls..." He sounded miserable, and Harley's eyebrows furrowed.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" He asked gently, sitting on the edge of the bed. Harley dragged his fingers through Peter's hair comfortingly, an expression of concern on his face.

"My stomach really hurts," Peter mumbled, turning his head to look up at his boyfriend.

"Aw, darlin'..." Harley smiled sympathetically. "Did you eat something funny? It could be food poisoning." The blond placed a hand on Peter's forehead, feeling for a temperature. "You don't feel warm..."

"I don't know. I feel sick," Peter murmured, obvious discomfort on his face.

"Do you feel like you're gonna throw up?"

"Maybe," Peter replied, frowning. "I think so."

"Do you want a bucket? Maybe some water?" Harley offered, pushing Peter's brown curls away from his face. "Or would you like something to eat? I could make some plain toast."

"I don't even want to think about eating," Peter grumbled. "But maybe the water and the bucket. Just in case?" Harley nodded, standing back up.

"Of course, darlin'. I'll be right back." He left to get the items, and when he returned Peter had shifted slightly, leaning more on his left side. "Here. I assume you're staying in bed today...?"

"Yeah," Peter sighed. "I might try and get more sleep. You can do what you need to do, I'll be okay." Harley frowned slightly, worried for his boyfriend.

"Are you sure? My things can wait if you need me here. I don't mind."

"No, no. I'm fine, it's probably just food poisoning, like you said," Peter insisted. "I'm just going to take a nap anyway." The blond hesitated, but nodded.

"Alright," he agreed. "But if you feel any worse, come get me, okay?" Peter nodded, waving Harley off.

"Yeah, yeah. Go get stuff done, don't worry about it."

"Okay. I love you, feel better." Harley pressed a kiss to Peter's forehead, leaving to do some work. Peter would be fine, everything was okay. He just needed to focus.

~

A few hours had passed, and Harley was about to call it quits for the day. He was heading up the stairs when he heard violent retching coming from the bathroom, concern immediately snaking into his mind.

"Darlin'? You alright?" Harley knocked on the door lightly, frowning. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah..." Peter's voice sounded scratchy and weak. Harley opened the door, letting himself in. What he was met with made him anxious– Peter was hunched over the toilet, pale and exhausted from whatever was making him feel this way. He had an arm wrapped loosely around his midsection, almost as if he was guarding it from the world.