Chapter 38-Will they meet?

Hey my lovely readers

How are you all?

Are you all enjoying the book? 

I told you in the prologue that the protagonists will cross paths in different phase of life.

Let's begin with the chapter now

Akash's POV

"Did you get any information about her?" I asked Sid.

Sighing, he said "no...not yet." 

"You...you think she would be fine?" I asked him skeptically.

"I don't know man...I really don't know. I tried getting in touch with juniors but even they don't have any idea where is she?" he said. "Why do you want to get information about her anyways? You do remember right that she's the one who ditched you."

"I still love her Sid. Whatever she did to me, broke my heart or crushed it I don't care. I just want to know if she's safe and sound" I said.

"Her college must be over by now and I hope she got placed in an MNC. That's what she always wanted. It doesn't matter whether I am by her side or not, I just want to make sure that she achieves all her dreams" I said.

"You remember when you realized your feeling for her, I asked you not to become Majnu" he said.

"Yes, and my reply was that I'll neither be majnu nor devdas" I scoffed and said "but look at my fate. I was once a majnu and now without her...I've become devdas." 

"Your love is so pure Akash" he said.

"Just like yours, for Kriti" I said.

He got shocked for a moment but then said "I...I don't want to talk about her."

"Why not Sid, I know you still stalk her on all social media platforms and also I know your screensaver is her latest pic " I said.

"What rubbish" he said and stormed off.

I can't believe, Sid and I are sailing on the same boat, both of us want to be with our love but...we can't.

Sighing I got ready for another day at work.

We are supposed to have a client meeting next week and I've no idea what their requirement is.

The only fact I know is that we are supposed to relocate to Bangalore in 4 months but I am still not sure what their action plan is.

There's a board meeting today which me and Sid need to attend along with our VP and AVP to discuss the plan of action.

We then had breakfast in silence.

Getting ready, me and Sid went to our office and swiping our cards at the entrance gate, we entered our floor.

"Hey handsome" the same irritating voice again.

"Sakshi, do you really want me to complain against you?" I asked her unfazed.

"Whatever you do, I am not going to stop flirting with you" she said, beaming.

"Don't cross your limits Sakshi or you know the consequences" I said and brushed past her.

I don't understand this thickheaded girl.. what's her problem.

Anyways, just few more days and I'll never have to see her face again. Idiot.

We were then called for the meeting. Without wasting much time, me and Sid went to the conference room where we were discussing our plan of action after we got the requirements from Kohli.