5. The common room

'Because when people see good, they expect good, and I don't wanna live up to anyone's expectations.' - Damon Salvatore

Valencia sat in the Slytherin common room reading by the fire, she heard people enter but ignored it.  Her black hair fell in long natural curls over the arm of the couch as she rested her head on the edge. The light coloured skin on her arms sort of reflected the dim light of the still glowing embers in the fireplace, and she had to look away.

"Hey" Someone said behind her. She looked behind her as she put her book down. "Hey" She replied to a boy that she had seen earlier, talking with Draco. "This is Blaise and Pansy" Valencia heard Draco say as he walks up behind her and sits on the green, velvet sofa next to her. "A Lestrange reading a book? That's a sight for sore eyes." Draco joked. "It's a book about murder and death, so don't worry." She replied looking into his eyes. 

 "What's up anyway?"

"Nothing, just wanted to let you know, what you did with McLaggen was badass" Draco replied. "McLaggen??" She asked confused. "The Gryffindor you shattered his shin." Valencia laughed. "Now everyone's scared of you" Pansy finished. 

"I'm a Lestrange. I like to keep it that way." Valencia spoke looking dead into Pansy's eyes before smiling slightly. There conversation was interrupted when Snape stormed into the room.

"LESTRANGE!" He yelled. Valencia looked up. "Why did you do that? The boy shattered shin and can't walk!"

"Good!" She shouted. "He deserved it for being a dick!"

"Valencia! I don't know what to do with you! You could be well on your way back to Azkaban again!!" Snape yelled.

                                                                             .     .     .

The next morning, Valencia awoke to find that she had been put into a bed in the girls dorms while she was sleeping, and her luggage had been dumped beside it. Pansy and Millicent were sitting on their beds, talking to each other. Valencia figured that it must be early. Suddenly, both girls turned around to face her and got up to walk confidently over to her and sit down on either ends of her bed. "I hope you're happy!" sneered Millicent. "I nearly broke my back trying to lug that junk of yours in here!" She pointed stiffly to the luggage beside the bed.  Valencia fixed Millicent with a steady stare, like she had seen the Dark Lord do many times to his followers, the Death Eaters.

 Millicent eventually backed off and Pansy spoke up "I'm sorry about that. Millicent can be very cranky in the morning." She glared at Millicent and Valencia managed a small smile. "You don't look like a Slytherin," Pansy continued. "You look more like a... Hufflepuff. I think it might have something to do with the nose." She and Millicent loomed over Valencia and glared at her nose, as if mocking her and intending her to feel uneasy in their presences. Valencia felt very uncomfortable and sat up perfectly straight, nearly knocking out Millicent in the process.

The two Slytherin girls just gawked at her with puzzled looks on their faces. The room suddenly felt crowded, so Valencia got up and went to the showers to get ready for the day, with the two girls looking on in disgust. "You're really going to wear that out where the males can see you?" Pansy asked, scrunching up her face in distaste.

Upon looking in the mirror, Valencia realised that she was no longer wearing her simple black dress and cloak, but a satin purple night gown that showed off her pale shoulders and her long legs to a certain extent. "You like?" Pansy asked. "I knew that you couldn't sleep in your uniform! Professor Snape would flip his wig if he saw it all wrinkled! So I fashioned you a nighty." She proudly tapped the wand that she held in her hand.

"Thank you. It's very pretty." Valencia commented as she grabbed her cloak from last night off the chest of draws opposite the bed, slipped it on and walked out the already open door. She knew where everything was at Hogwarts, primarily because the Dark Lord had ordered Draco do draw her out a map, and for her to memorise it.

 She followed through with the Dark Lords instructions willingly and accordingly, as Draco and his parents watched on. 'How embarrassing,' she thought as she made her way to the girls' bathrooms. On the way, she almost ran into Theo Nott, who was coming from the boys' dorms. She smiled at him and he smiled back, but his friendly gaze soon turned hungry when he saw what she was wearing underneath her cloak. She noticed him staring and quickly adjusted her cloak so that it was no longer revealing any part of her night dress. He took a chance and stopped her from adjusting, trying to slowly take her hands away and pull her cloak off, making eye contact with her all the time, but she stopped him straight away and slapped his hands away. 

"Oh! Sorry... where did you get that nice nighty from?" Theo asked, noticing the offended look on her face, but she couldn't hide the blush that crept up her porcelain cheeks. "Pansy," she replied simply. Theo took a deep breath thought that it was best to change the subject. "Well... I guess I'll see you in Potions. Are you totally sure that you know your way around?" he asked.
"I made my way here didn't I?" Valencia said, a quirky smirk forming on her pink lips. Theo licked his lips in a subconscious reply and gave her a sharp nod, before heading back toward the boys' dorms. 'What the hell was that all about?' thought Valencia, as she looked back at the young man whom she had so hopelessly got it bad for.