Chapter 24: A Lestrange doesn't cry

"Feels like I'm going insane"

~

Disturbia by Rihanna

"You say you care but you leave me alone to cry." Valencia shouted a she walked closer to Theo. "You treated me like a Chapter but for me, you were my Book. My first love."

"Valencia...?"

"You can wipe out someone's tear but not their memory" Valencia said as she removed Theo's hand from her cheek, as he tried to wipe her tears away. "I loved you even when you left me alone and I wish I could ignore you as you did to me."

"One lie can ruin someone's life. Anyway.." Valencia said wiping her tears. "I'm not going to make you choose between me and her. Because If you really loved me? She wouldn't be an option." Theo's heart was up to his mouth. He barely dared to look at Valencia, much too afraid that he would be able to read the panic in her eyes. Along with her anger and hatred. Well, actually they had both always known that this day would come. They had had some great months together; secretly, of course, and Theo had never made any promises. But together with him all of 's dreams had come true and he had enjoyed every moment

"I just missed you." He begs. "I thought it'd been enough time. I thought we could be friends." The genuineness and surprise in his voice makes you start crying. How could you think this could ever happen again? How could you only be his friend when he'd been everything for so long? How could he ask this of her? "I told you my problems and you laughed like it's funny" Valencia spat. She's older now. More mature. And nothing stops her from walking out.

"I'm going to make this very clear and quietly as I possibly can so I apologise for the yelling. But. Do not. DO NOT COME INTO MY LIFE IF YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE. Do not sit here and tell me, you are in love with me. And that you care for me and that you are happy to see me happy, if you are going to leave! I am tired!" Valencia picked herself up again. "I'm not leaving because.. I think I'm not enough- maybe for the first time in my life.. I know I am."

"I'm not a toy you can play with when you're bored... or lonely.. or horny. I am not the girl the guy gets at the end if the movie. I'm not a fantasy. If you want me, earn me! And it was never my job to make you feel like a man. I can't make you something you're not!" Valencia almost yelled, making all heads in the common room turn to face them. "You gave up on us. When you slept with her and If karma doesn't hit you, I fucking will!"

And maybe at the end of the day, the two of them had been too co-dependent on the other. Valencia lost who she was, needed to figure things out, but what about Theo? It hurt to see her leave, but maybe he needed this too. He spent nearly everyday with her for a year. That doesn't go away overnight.

Opening up is not a difficult thing to do when it comes to opening up to your loved one. But to be frank Valencia struggled a lot in telling her partner her true feelings regarding her story. In fact, she found it hard to open up to anyone. 

A Lestrange doesn't cry

She thought to herself, it's what she had been telling herself for years. It was what had kept her sane in Azkaban. But she's not the girl she was all those years ago, or at least a part of her isn't. The truth is life is not simple, and people can't be boxed into being either heroes or villains. People aren't born heroes or villains; there created by the people around them.

"What a lovely way to burn."

'And so it was over, she loved him to much, and he would never love her enough.' - Unknown