21.

[CHAPTER 21 : NIGHTMARE]

Waking up the next morning felt like waking up to a nightmare instead of waking up from one

Bella woke up on the couch in Simons living room, he was still sleeping across from her. Bella rubbed her eyes, probably smudging her makeup even further than she already had. She looked to the clock they had in the house. It was 6 am.

Not wanting to wake Simon up, Bella got up and went to the kitchen. She had changed out of her dress from the night before and into a pair of basketball shorts Simon had and a Metallica t-shirt of his. 

Bella flinched when she saw Ryan Avery sitting at the island. But eased up when he smiled at her.

"Morning Bella, want a coffee?" Mr. Avery asked her.

Bella nodded and Ryan got up to get her a mug and fill it with coffee. Bella sat down at the island  as he set down the mug and she thanked him

"So," He started. "What happened last night?"

Bella sighed out a laugh, "I broke up with my boyfriend."

Mr. Avery raised his eyebrows. "You had a boyfriend?"

Bella smiled and looked down at her mug that was sitting in front of her, her fingers playing with the rim of the cup. "Yeah. I met him at my new school. He called me Belle."

"Belle?"

"Yeah," Bella laughed slightly.

Mr. Avery sighed, "Do I need to take care of him?"

Bella laughed even more, "No, no. I took care of him myself. No need to worry."

Mr. Avery chuckled. "I taught you well."

"You really did."

Ryan Avery treated Bella like a daughter. He loved her like a daughter. He didn't like to see her hurt, so when she showed up crying last night, he panicked.

"Are you guys having a party without me?" 

The two turned to see Simon walking into the kitchen with messy hair and swollen eyes.

Bella laughed, "Join us, loser!"

---

Leaving Simons house was something Bella was dreading but she knew she had to go home. When Bella called, her mother didn't seem to mind the fact that she was going to stay at Simon's because she had done it a million times before. And to make sure Bella wasn't lying about her whereabouts, she may have called Ryan Avery to be safe before she passed out on the couch.

Walking into her house, Bella felt weird. There was a tension in the air and she was hoping it wasn't because she did something wrong. 

Bella wracked her mind trying to make sure she hadn't done anything wrong at all before fully entering the house. She was still wearing Simons clothes except now she was wearing his sweatpants from when he was younger which were a little loose but bearable.

"Mom?" Bella whisper-yelled as she quietly walked into the house. She didn't hear a response.

So Bella sprinted into the kitchen to find Lorelai sitting at the kitchen table with her forehead in her hand.

"Mom?" Bella asked.

Lorelai flinched. "God, Bella you scared me."

"Sorry," Bella whispered before looking at her mom's visibly distressed face. "What's wrong?"

Lorelai sighed, "Your sister stayed out 'till 5 am last night."

Bella's jaw dropped, not expecting that from Rory. "Honestly, I thought you were mad at me, but this seems worse."

Lorelai sighed out a laugh. "She says she didn't do anything, and I do believe her but... I don't know kid. Waking up and not knowing where she was, was very scary."

Bella sighed and sat down next to her mother, "I'm sorry mom."

Lorelai gave Bella a kiss on the forehead. "I know, kid. How was Simon's? Why were you there?"

This time, Bella sighed out a laugh. "Tristan and I broke up and the only person I wanted to talk to about it was him."

Lorelai raised her eyebrows. "I must say, I am deeply offended. But are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I think. The hardest part will probably be having to see him on Monday."

Lorelai smiled softly, "What even happened?"

Bella sighed, once again. "I broke up with him because even though he told me that he loved me, he wasn't acting like it."

"I'm sorry, Bella. But this I can tell you, it will hurt for a while but it won't last forever. Just don't suppress your emotions, okay? I know you do that a lot but you can't, the pain will just last even longer."

Bella nodded, "I know, but I surprisingly feel okay. I cried it out last night at Simon's and he made me feel a lot better about it."

Lorelai smiled. "Okay, I'm glad. But seriously, kid, if you need to talk about anything, you can talk to me."

Bella nodded softly, "Thanks, mom."

"Anytime, Bella."

--

Simon told Bella and Rory that he would pick them up from school on Monday since he knew that Bella was going to need some moral support/

He watched as the students were leaving the school at the end of the day and waited for the twins.

Then there he was. 

Tristan Dugray.

Simon knew he shouldn't have, but he did.

"Yo, Tristan!" 

The blond boy turned around and rolled his eyes when he saw the tall boy standing several feet away from him.

"What do you want?" Tristan asked stepping closer to him.

"I don't want any trouble man," Simon told the boy, "But I swear to god, if you bother Bella again, you're facing me. Got it? Because whatever you did broke her and now I have to pick up the pieces."

Tristan was on the verge of attacking Simon but deep down he understood why he was there. The blond boy nodded slowly, "I just want her to be happy man, just make sure she's happy."

Simon nodded. Although, the two of them hated each other, they did both love Bella. 

Tristan gave Simon a small smile before stepping away from the tall boy.

"Simon?"

The two boys turned to see non other than Bella Gilmore standing in front of them. Tristan looked at her longingly while Simon gave Bella and Rory a smile. 

He was happy his conversation with Tristan didn't end in a fight.

"Hello ladies, your carriage awaits!" Simon motioned the girls to his car.

Rory hopped in the backseat, while Bella lingered for a few seconds, watching Tristan walk away from the school and into the parking lot.

It only lasted for a second because she knew that if she got a good look at his face, she would break down crying.

Tristan didn't try to call her back, he let her go. He knew he messed up in losing her and surprisingly, he thought that Simon's reaction was justified.

He lost the best thing that had ever happened to him, and he needed to figure out how to get her back.