05.

[CHAPTER FIVE : CHILTON GIRLS]

     Rory and Bella sat on their outdoor couch while their mom gave Rory a pedicure and Bella painted her own nails

     Rory and Bella sat on their outdoor couch while their mom gave Rory a pedicure and Bella painted her own nails. As Bella painted the crimson red onto her nail, she watched Rory take the whipped cream and get some into her mouth. Bella shook her head as she chuckled under her breath at how her mom and Rory would always eat so much junk food, yet still stay thin.

"That's nice," Lorelai said sarcastically.

"Thank you," Rory replied jokingly, mocking her mother slightly.

"Okay, don't move please," Lorelai ordered her daughter.

"So, why are you insisted on doing this?" Rory asked her mother, but instead, her sister answered her.

"Because Rory! We're starting at a new school. A prep school to be exact. And what do prep school girls wear? Red nail polish, of course!" Bella explained, jokingly.

"Yes, listen to your sister," Lorelai said.

"But I'm going to be wearing shoes. Nobody is going to be seeing my feet."

"Okay, but everybody knows that private-school girls are bad and bad girls always wear red nail polish," Lorelai explained, exaggerating slightly. "Are you nervous?"

"About what?" Rory asked.

"About starting Chilton."

"I don't know about you, but I am," Bella answered, "But I do hear that prep school boys are hot!"

"Well, I wasn't until I heard about all those bad girls," Rory also answered the question.

Then, in the distance, the three girls heard, Lane, running to their house shouting about some new music that came out. "Guys! New CD, XTC -- 'Apple Venus Volume 2.'"

Lorelai and Bella got excited and ran straight into the house, both leaving Rory behind yelling, "But you only finished half my toes!"

"Who cares? You're gonna be wearing shoes anyway!" Lorelai yelled from inside when Lane put the CD on, and they all started dancing together in the living room when Rory walked in with the can of whipped cream.

----

The next morning, Rory and Bella got ready together, talking about what they were going to expect at the new school. Bella brushed Rory's hair as Rory put on a bit of makeup. Since Bella's hair was curly, if she brushed it, it would look like a rat's nest, so she had a little extra time than Rory did.

By the time they were ready to go, they hadn't even noticed that their mother wasn't downstairs yet. "I'm going to go check on her," Rory said before venturing off upstairs when she suddenly heard Rory yell, "Mom!" which caused Bella to run upstairs to her mom's room, only to find her lying in bed, half asleep.