16.

[CHAPTER 16 : SWEET SIXTEENS (PT 3)]

It was the day after the sixteenth birthday and the girls were preparing to have half the town over for their party

It was the day after the sixteenth birthday and the girls were preparing to have half the town over for their party. Bella didn't care much for the party, she really only wanted to spend it with Simon, but since a lot of people were coming to the party, Bella decided to invite Tristan.

She didn't really know if the two of them had a title, like boyfriend and girlfriend, but she didn't really care, she enjoyed spending time with him and she wanted Simon to finally meet the guy she couldn't stop talking about.

Bella couldn't stop thinking about her first kiss and how it made her feel. She didn't think she had ever felt happier. How she felt safe in his arms, she let her walls down for him. She didn't do that with many people. The only people that truly knew Bella were Rory, Lorelai, Lane and Simon.

Bella and Lane weren't particularly close, but they had multiple sleepovers growing up and they always had fun together, and when Rory wasn't around they enjoyed each others company. They grew closer when Simon left town.

Simon was Bella's other half. Even her and Rory didn't have the bond that her and Simon had. Simon was... her person. She had no other way to describe it. Calling him her best friend was like an insult to their relationship. When Simon left town Bella didn't even know how to act. Everyone around noticed her mood go down, and that's when the people of Stars Hollow became convinced that the two were soulmates.

--

Simon showed up to the party early, and him and Bella locked themselves in her room.

"Are you excited?"

"No, not really."

"Why not?" Simon asked her.

"I don't really like parties, you know that."

"Yeah, but it's your sixteenth." He poked her stomach, causing her to break out in giggles. "Ahh, I remember my sixteenth."

Bella rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at his head, "Shut up, that was like a week ago."

Simon threw the pillow right back at her, "Actually, it was a month ago."

Bella playfully rolled her eyes, "Same thing."

"No, not really."

--

It was well after the party started when Tristan arrived, flowers in hand. He rang the doorbell, no one came to the door, and he almost just opened it since it seemed as though that was what everyone else was doing, until a certain tall blue-eyed brunette boy opened the door with a smile.

Tristan smiled at him, "Hi, I'm here for Bella Gilmore."

Simon's smile fell, "Yeah, uh, who are you?"

"I'm Tristan, and who are you?" Tristan responded with the same amount of sass.

"Simon, Bella's best friend. Uh, come on in," Simon reluctantly moved out of the way so Tristan could enter the Gilmore household.

Bella turned and saw who came in, "Tristan!" She squealed and ran into his arms for a hug. Simon rolled his eyes.

"Hey Belle," He smiled and handed her the flowers.

"Oh my god, they're beautiful. Thank you!" Bella pecked him on the lips and Simon eyes almost popped out of his head.

'She had her first kiss?' He thought to himself.

"Simon!" Bella called, "This is Tristan, the guy I told you about."

The two boys looked at each other as though they were challenging each other, "Yeah, we met at the door," Simon voiced still not looking at Bella, but challenging Tristan.

Bella sensed the tension and cringed. "Um, okay. Cool. Tristan, I'll show you around."

And with that Bella dragged Tristan away looking back at Simon and signalling for him to calm down. Simon in fact didn't calm down.

It was later in the night when Simon caught Tristan alone, while Bella and Rory were opening presents when he confronted him.

"Listen man, I don't know what your intensions are with Bella but I swear to god if you hurt her, I will rip you apart."

"Relax bro, I care about her despite the fact that you don't seem to believe that, I really like her."

"I'm just letting you know, bro, that Bella's one of the most kind-hearted people I know, and if you break her heart, I promise, I will break you." Simon said sternly. "I don't know you, and I don't want to know you, but Bella is my best friend, and I love her to death, so I will tolerate you, but only for her."

"Alright man," Tristan backed off. He didn't want to admit that a small town boy like Simon Avery intimidated him, but he did.

Bella finished opening Simon's gift which was a collectible edition of 'Pride and Prejudice' (Bella's favourite book) that he knew she was saving up for because it was so expensive. Bella gasped and turned to Simon.

"Oh my god! I love you!" She exclaimed and threw her arms around him.

Tristan watched from right next to the pair in slight sadness. Although he would never admit it, he knew deep down that he would always come in second to Simon.

---

A/N

Omg I updated! This kind of sucks but it's not edited and I will definitely go over it later.

(The gif on top is Simon and Bella, by the way ;))

Thanks for supporting this book <3

-Elle