07.

[CHAPTER SEVEN : SIMON]

     Simon Avery was the kind of guy that was a mystery to everyone

Simon Avery was the kind of guy that was a mystery to everyone. His ocean eyes, dark hair, and brooding looks made all the girls fall in love with him, whereas the boys were always envious and wanted to be him. Simon was a decently outgoing guy, he took advantage of the fact that the girls fell for him, but he treated every girl he was with respect.

When his parents got a divorce when he was in freshman year. His mom moved out of Stars Hollow, taking Simon with her. Nobody had heard from him since, including his best friend; Bella Gilmore.

Simon and Bella had a long history. They had met in kindergarten when they sat next to each other in class. Neither one of the two were too fond of each other throughout that year, but when first grade came around, they became inseparable. Everyone but them thought that they were meant to be together.

When Simon left Stars Hollow in October of 1998, Bella was so sad that she felt as though, waiting for him to return was like waiting for rain in a drought. She knew that his mother was controlling and probably wouldn't let him call anyone in Stars Hollow so she would have any strings attached to there, but she still hoped that he would call. But he didn't, and now that a whole year had gone by, she finally came to terms with the fact that maybe their friendship really was over.

Or was it?

---

The night after Bella's first day at Chilton, her mother, Lane, and Rory had gone to dinner while Bella went to Luke's to get a burger and ended up in the lit-up gazebo reading 1984, by George Orwell.

It was a beautiful fall night. The stars lit up the sky and the crescent moon shined bright.

Bella loved reading outside in nights like these, she felt really at peace and calm. Nobody usually came out to the park at this time of night, which was great for her. She loved feeling breeze on her face and having her hair flow through the wind.

"Of course. The last place I look is where I find you," A voice cut through the silence, breaking derailing Bella's train of thought from farther away. Bella didn't know if this person was talking to her or someone else but she looked up only to see a boy, whose face was only faintly lit up by the fairy lights in the gazebo, with his hands in his pockets and the same goofy smile Bella thought she would never see again, walking towards her.

"Simon," Bella whispered before dropping her book on the ground and ran down the stairs of the gazebo and into his arms.

She buried her face into the crook of his neck as he picked her up and spun her around. Bella didn't know if this was real or not. She felt as though she was dreaming. She felt infinite. "Hey there, Juliet," He said with a happy chuckle.

"Oh my god," Bella whispered once he put her down and she stared into his eyes. "Oh my god!" Bella said a little louder, "I can't believe you're here! Why are you here?" Bella asked him in complete disbelief.

"I had enough of my mom's bullshit. So, I hopped on a bus, and here I am," Simon told her, looking into her bright blue eyes.

"Oh my god!" Bella squealed, repeating herself and wrapped her arms around him once again. "I can't believe you're finally home."

"Neither can I," He whispered.

He furrowed his eyebrows as feelings he'd never felt before flooded through his body. His heart started racing, and his palms got sweaty.

At that moment, Simon Avery fell in love he was with Isabella Gilmore. Even though he didn't know it at the time. As he ran his hands through her hair and breathed in the smell of vanilla radiating off her, he realized that he would only ever feel truly at home, when he was with her.

And maybe that was the whole concept of love; feeling at home. But Simon wouldn't be able to figure what he was feeling until much later on, and by that time, she might already be in love with someone else.