01.

[CHAPTER ONE : FRIENDS]

     Isabella walked into 'Luke's' while two slightly older men were walking out. "Hey, how you doing?" One of them asked the fifteen-year-old.

Bella began to answer, but she was cut off by her mother yelling from the inside, "She's my daughter too!"

The guy groaned and walked away from the diner in anger. Bella chuckled looking at the man walking away as she walked into the store.

As Bella stumbled into the coffee shop and sat down next to her sister, "What was that all about?"

"Just some guy, who hit on both of us," Lorelai said, in an angry tone.

Rory and Bella looked at each other and broke out into laughter, with their mother eventually joining in.

---

Rory and Bella walked into 'Independence Inn,' where their mother works, and walked up to the counter with their French papers in hand.

They were listening to their mother speak on the phone, but when she hung up, Michel decided to speak up. "What are your offsprings doing?"

"We need stamps. Can we have these?" Rory asked.

Michel answered quickly saying, "No."

But their mother cut in saying, "Take them. What's with the muumuu?"

"Stop," Rory responded.

"I'm just saying, you couldn't find one made of metal in case anyone has X-ray eyes?"

"And now we say goodbye." Bella cut in before Rory could speak as she grabbed her sister's arm and dragged her around the counter.

"Hey, have Michel look at your French paper before you go." Their mother told them, which everyone thought was a good idea, except for Michel.

"Excuse me?"

"That'd be great!" Rory chirped.

"No."

"Come on, Michel." Rory begged, adding, "I'll tell all the ladies what a stud you are."

"Hm. I believe that memo has already been sent." Michel said, and Bella burst out into laughter. Michel gave her a pointed look, which told her that he wasn't joking.

Lorelai cut in, using her best French accent saying, "Oh, please Michel. Pretty please with sucre on top. I will stop talking like this."

"Leave it. I'll look at it if I get a chance." Michel said to the two girls, finally giving in to them annoying him.

"It's due tomorrow. And pay attention to the grammar." Rory said handing him both papers, and the two girls were off.

"Do you think Michel hates us?" Rory asked her twin.

"Oh, definitely," Bella said laughing.

---

As they were walking up to the school, they met up with Lane, who had been Rory's best friend since... forever. Bella, on the other hand, didn't have many friends, which was ironic because Bella was the more outgoing one.

The three walked to school together every day. "When are you going to let your parents know that you listen to evil rock music?" Rory asked her friend, "You're an American teenager, for God's sake."

"Rory, if my parents still get upset over the obscene portion size of American food, I seriously doubt I'm gonna make any inroads with Eminem," Lane explained.

Bella looked up the sign behind her that was for the 'Teen Hayride.' Gross. She thought to herself.

Lane noticed Bella looking at the sign and remembered another thing she had to say, "I have to go to that."

"The hayride? You're kidding." Rory said.

"Good luck my friend," Bella said to her, genuinely feeling bad for the girl.

"My parents set me up with the son of a business associate. He's gonna be a doctor."

"How old is he?" Rory asked as they finally made their way to the entrance of the school

"Sixteen."

"So he's gonna be a doctor in a hundred years," Rory concluded as Bella slightly giggled at Lane's parents' insanity with finding the perfect man for their daughter.

"Well, my parents like to plan ahead."

"God, you have to go to the hayride with him?"

"And his older brother."

"Oh my god!" Bella exclaimed, feeling bad for the girl.

"Oh, now you're kidding," Rory said.

"Koreans never joke about future doctors," Lane explained jokingly. "So, I guess you guys aren't going, huh?"

"No. I'm still fuzzy on what's fun about sitting in the cold for two hours with some sticks up your butt."

"I'll catch you guys at lunch. See ya!" Bella said while parting ways with the girls and heading to her locker when she accidentally bumped into someone at the front entrance of the school. "Oh my god. I am so sorry!"

When Bella looked up, she saw a face she didn't recognize, which was very rare in the small town of Stars Hollow. "Oh, it's fine, don't worry about it." The boy said.

"You're new," Bella said examining his face that contorted into a confused look. "Sorry. That must've sounded really creepy, but it's just really rare to see a new face in these walls. Basically everyone here, I've known since kindergarten."

The boys face softened, "Yeah, I am new here. I'm Dean."

"Well, hi Dean, I'm Bella." Bella said sticking out her hand, which he took to shake, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Pleasure to meet you too." Dean said, letting go of her hand, "Do you happen to know where class 236 is?"

"That's where I'm headed right now, follow me!" Bella told him, gesturing for the boy to follow her, which was what he did, and they got into an in-depth conversation about what to expect at the lame excuse of a school.

---

A/N:

Well, that's the first chapter. Now, I know I'm not a fantastic writer, but any hate towards me will be deleted. I will gladly take any sort of grammar correcting because god knows I'll need all the help I could get.

I hope you enjoy the book!