27.

[CHAPTER 27 - TO DATE OR NOT TO DATE?]

"I want you to come over."

Tristan looked up at Bella from his desk with a confused look on his face. "Why?"

Bella sighed. "Well..." She trailed off not really knowing how to respond. "We're friends aren't we? I want us to hang out more. So I want you to come over. But only if you want of course."

Tristan smiled, "Of course, I want to Belle."

Bella smiled at the boy in front of her, a slight blush forming on her face from the nickname he used. 

Simon and Bella hadn't talked since their "disagreement" at Luke's and Bella didn't plan on talking to him anytime soon. Who she chose to date was her own decision and no one else's. Her white lie turned out to be a bigger deal than it should've been, especially since Bella discovered that she's not very good at lying under pressure. 

You live and you learn.

But so what if she wanted to get back together with Tristan? He made a mistake and he's been trying to correct it.

She just wanted to wait a little bit longer to make sure that it was the right choice.

Nothing wrong in doing that. 

That's why she was inviting him over... To see if it's the right choice. 

---

Bella, Rory, and Lane sat on the couch in the living room looking at all the new CDs that Lane had bought. 

One thing that all three girls had in common was their music taste, especially Lane and Bella. 

Bella played the piano and even sang a little bit so whenever Lane would come over and Rory wasn't there, Bella would help her learn how to play some of her favourite songs. It was something they tended to bond over. 

"Kraftwork, Young Marble Giants, Yoko Ono-- Really?" Rory turned to Lane with a look of disgust written all over her face.

"A very misunderstood artist. And The Beatles would've broken up anyway," Lane explained.

"Have you shared this theory with anyone?" Rory asked her and Bella snickered the armchair she was curled up on.

"I know it. Yoko knows. Sean knows. Julian's still in denial though but what can you do."

"Okay, I must listen to anyone named Claudine Longet," Rory stated, opening a CD.

"Ouuu, good name," Bella pointed out, Lane turning to smile in her direction before turning back to the other twin awkwardly.

"Rory?"

"Yes, Lane?" 

"I have a favour to ask," Lane told her, intriguing Bella's interest so Bella leaned in so she could hear the conversation better.